Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC reporting William Carvalho one of 7 Lisbon players to have now cancelled their own contracts. Probably pick up pace fairly shortly if we are after him.

I think we've got to take a gamble here and not wait to sell players first if we want a couple of these like dost and carvalho. Just got to risk that we will eventually sell some players and go straight in for these now.

Think dost would be a great option for free.

I think we've got to take a gamble here and not wait to sell players first if we want a couple of these like dost and carvalho. Just got to risk that we will eventually sell some players and go straight in for these now.

Think dost would be a great option for free.
No harm in it. Like Chelsea buying Barkley. We’d always get more for them in the market than we paid, regardless of how they fit.

No harm in it. Like Chelsea buying Barkley. We’d always get more for them in the market than we paid, regardless of how they fit.
Problem is (I guess) if they are freebies they’ll expect huge wedge due to saved transfer cost. As we know, if they’re then crap they can’t be shifted due to the wage and subsequently become very expensive and affect FFP etc

Exactly, I understand we need to trim and we probably are wary about buying before we sell because that's on par with selling your top 20 goal scorer without having a replacement line up... Hmm.

But I think we need to take gambles now when such transfers are possible. Yeah we may get none of them, but we'll sell players eventually.

Problem is (I guess) if they are freebies they’ll expect huge wedge due to saved transfer cost. As we know, if they’re then crap they can’t be shifted due to the wage and subsequently become very expensive and affect FFP etc

Definitely, but we'd still be able to shift those players on for about £20m plus so the gain we'd make in that would make up flies such a scenario. Every transfer is a risk tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.