Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like we are missing out on a good CB prospect in DIOP.

the right kind of money at 22m , the right age 21 ... just what we need.

hopefully our overlord knows something about him we don't and has a much better CB lined up... please don't say smalling or jones.

again, how can we miss out on somebody if we were never in for them in the first place?

again, how can we miss out on somebody if we were never in for them in the first place?

we should defo of been after such a good player IMO.

and he was obv gettable, instead we will chase Lindelof till the last day and end up with Mangala back on loan

looks like we are missing out on a good CB prospect in DIOP.

the right kind of money at 22m , the right age 21 ... just what we need.

hopefully our overlord knows something about him we don't and has a much better CB lined up... please don't say smalling or jones.

I know people have a downer on Man Utd players, but I’ve never got the hate for Smalling and Jones. Two good centre halves. Either would instantly be our best defender.

and he was obv gettable, instead we will chase Lindelof till the last day and end up with Mangala back on loan

I don't think he's what we need.

We need a centre-back in their prime - 25 - 27 range. Not another youngster.

Also, there's no credible info about Lindelof.

In fact, there's no credible info about anything.

Which is fine. Doesn't mean we aren't doing things.

Jones is an accident waiting to happen. He's awful.

Smalling is better. His positioning is poor but he does have the pace and strength to get back.

Well, 4 consecutive Man Utd managers and bags of England caps beg to differ.

Has a mistake in him but his effort and commitment make him an asset rather than a liability.

The question BT is whether we should have been in for them. Players like Kluivert and Diop are of the right quality and price. I certainly would have been happy had we brought in either.

We can't judge yet as we could possibly be in for even better players. But after the last few years disappointments in the transfer windows you can't blame fans for getting a bit tetchy.

You can call for patience, as is your norm, but even you IIRC where left unimpressed after the last 2 summer windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.