Brands stamps his authority

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands is currently the most important person at the club.

I don't think so

29EC276D00000578-3138772-image-m-19_1435222636159.jpg

I'm not unhappy. I'm just underlining the reasonable point that you have to have hierarchy and a recognised number 1 at the head of the playing side of the club. For me that has to be the manager. He's the one who's tasked with getting results.

Yep. All on field decisions/results are the Managers remit. NO interference from anyone else.

But that said, he is answerable to his boss, Brands. Who in turn is answerable to the board, and ultimately Moshiri.

As long as everyone pulls in the same direction, (set by Brands), all good.

I think Brands being in the media is all down to him being new and trying to let people know his plans etc, if he continued to do this then it would mess everything up.
It looks like Brands was our main priority to bring in, and we are probably looking at him as a long term appointment, it seems like he has responsibility over buying and selling, so if we fail this season and Silva gets the boot then it would make no sense.

At least this season there seems a lot more clarity between Silva and Brands than there was between Walsh and Koeman.

Ha Ha. That's not true. As if Silva could get 72 points.
Dave answer honest
Yep. All on field decisions/results are the Managers remit. NO interference from anyone else.

But that said, he is answerable to his boss, Brands. Who in turn is answerable to the board, and ultimately Moshiri.

who has final say on a player were trying to sign .say for instance the DOF is pushing to sign a certain winger but the manager not so keen to have him .?

who has final say on a player were trying to sign .say for instance the DOF is pushing to sign a certain winger but the manager not so keen to have him .?

The final say would be Brands I guess. But I would imagine there is a list of players, agreed on, that Brands is responsible for getting in.

Then if say, some random Spanish lad popped onto his radar, he would I am sure run the player past Silva.

In a setup without a DoF - yes.

With a DoF? The manager/head coach isn't number one.

I'm fine with either - doesn't make a difference and you'll still watch the interviews no matter who is answering the questions.
How can he not be the most important decision maker when he has to get the team he wants on the pitch and have them winning?

Most DoFs are DoF because they cant manage.

I dont see Brands as Silva's boss. He has a role at the club to facilitate the boss, who has to be the manager.

You can see already though what will start happening when/if things go tits up on the pitch...which is why I have never wanted this extra layer of bureaucracy.

I dont see Brands as Silva's boss. He has a role at the club to facilitate the boss, who has to be the manager.

You can see already though what will start happening when/if things go tits up on the pitch...which is why I have never wanted this extra layer of bureaucracy.

Well we are straying into Manager/DOF "Play your cards right" territory now! Higher or Lower.

End of the day, not that arsed. The Manager can do his job, and Brands can do his. As long as they both have the same objectives, then sound.

I'm not unhappy. I'm just underlining the reasonable point that you have to have hierarchy and a recognised number 1 at the head of the playing side of the club. For me that has to be the manager. He's the one who's tasked with getting results.
The issue I see that we are trying to fix is just that.
A manager is concerned with the last game and the next result. Lord knows we saw enough of that under BFS!
The job of the DoF is to have a longer term plan and approach that potentially spans several seasons and perhaps even outlasts the managers tenure. The DoF is the football 'architect' in an IT sense, whereas the manager is the 'implementer'.
Currently I think we are seeing the manifestation of them both starting at the same time but I think once footy commences Silva will be clearly in charge. The off season is when the DoF should have a bigger role to play.

How can he not be the most important decision maker when he has to get the team he wants on the pitch and have them winning?

Most DoFs are DoF because they cant manage.

Marco Silva is in control of motivating, coaching & managing the players on the pitch each weekedn as well as collaborating with Brands re: transfers.

Marcel Brands is in control of almost everything else at the club aside board-level decisions.

It looked like in Monday's press conference that's brands was the boss to me maybe am wrong on that ?

Well we are straying into Manager/DOF "Play your cards right" territory now! Higher or Lower.

End of the day, not that arsed. The Manager can do his job, and Brands can do his. As long as they both have the same objectives, then sound.
It has the propensity to place an awkward stone in the shoe though. Even at the best of times. A weighty CEO is what we required. Someone in control of the club rather than staring over the shoulder of the manager on football matters.

Levy/Pochettino
Dein/Wenger
Gill/Ferguson
Carter/Kendall

...that's the way it should be.

BRANDS will be doing the hiring AND firing from here on in..

Silva answers to Brands, make no mistake

It has the propensity to place an awkward stone in the shoe though. Even at the best of times. A weighty CEO is what we required. Someone in control of the club rather than staring over the shoulder of the manager on football matters.

Levy/Pochettino
Dein/Wenger
Gill/Ferguson
Carter/Kendall

...that's the way it should be.

those days are gone...

wengers way collapsed and poch and levy is under pressure to get results without spending HUGE

Status
Not open for further replies.