Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anybody that wants Silva? I mean I can clearly see the people who dont and the people, like me, who are willing to give him a chance, but is there anybody who is fully behind his appointment?

Just curious.
It's a qualified yes from me. I think his record suggests he is the best suited to our current position and the direction we want to be heading.
All the other oft mentioned contenders are either too long in the tooth to work with a strong DoF system, too lightweight, or woefully inexperienced.
I even like the fact it hasn't all been plain sailing for him since he arrived on these shores, his history suggests he is an intelligent, talented coach and he will have learned from his mistakes, (hopefully)
That said if we were going to take a braver punt someone like Tedesco , who has a modicum of experience, would have my support as well.

Is there anybody that wants Silva? I mean I can clearly see the people who dont and the people, like me, who are willing to give him a chance, but is there anybody who is fully behind his appointment?

Just curious.

I have wanted him from the time we have been associated with him before BFS. You can check my posting history. I like his style and I think he will be a success here.

I am also fed up with all the nicker wetters who give reasons why he shouldn't be our next coach without offering any credible alternatives. Just saying "we need a big name" is meaningless.

I have wanted him from the time we have been associated with him before BFS. You can check my posting history. I like his style and I think he will be a success here.

I am also fed up with all the nicker wetters who give reasons why he shouldn't be our next coach without offering any credible alternatives. Just saying "we need a big name" is meaningless.
Well said that man ..........

PSV have a small window, in 6 days they lose their DoF.

I keep telling you Dave, Moshiri has lost your faith, I get that, Bill as well, you probably arent even a fan of anybody on the Board.

Blind faith is dangerous, I get that also, talk is cheap, we all said the same about Walsh.

I get all this.

But, Brands really has got this, it wont be an easy task and he wont be able to "fix" everything this window, The Jan window or even next summer, but Marcel got this, I can feel it.

He's done nothing and you're saying he's 'got this'.

The biggest problem I have with Brands is not him it's the BS role of DoF. It doesn't fit us. It's a headache wherever it's rolled out when (as seems clear with Brands) that person has more say than the manager on team affairs.

This will end in tears.

Most of my optimism comes from Brands.

Im not anti-Silva and I dont see many better options personally, I find his record quite patchy, but he could do some good work.
I can't think off anybody I would really like as are manager that we have been linked with, but who ever comes let's just give him a chance, might take a while to get back on track as we have to much dead wood knocking about.
Saying that what do I know thought Koeman would have been ok, he just didn't look interested half the time.
Will be interesting to see how Brands affects things.

I don't wanna see MarcelsGoat on here you already jinxed poor Morgan I'm not having you giving The Brands some gypsy curse.

Ive already asked for a name change fam, I think im getting bailed.

He's done nothing and you're saying he's 'got this'.

The biggest problem I have with Brands is not him it's the BS role of DoF. It doesn't fit us. It's a headache wherever it's rolled out when (as seems clear with Brands) that person has more say than the manager on team affairs.

This will end in tears.

The only tears will be YOURS.

Status
Not open for further replies.