2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
All will be revealed next season, assuming he is retained that is. I hold little hope for a player with no apparent goal scoring knack. Next season or break for him.
if he had Tosuns eye for goal and finishing technique he would be a defo keeper. unfortunately he hasn't got that eye for goal

He's young playing for an out form team, that most of the time has about a shot a half,
Out of position most of time, and nobody to show him the ropes up front, anybody who witnessed Sharpy before he played with Eastoe will tell you how important that is for a young player.
He will come good,if given the right quidence and time.
Far better player than some make out.

I really think there's a decent player in there, he wins headers, holds the ball up well and can link up with others if he gets enough support. Last season he was just very unfortunate to find himself being relied upon to be main striker in a God-awful team.

He needs to work on his composure in front of goal, his reading of play and perhaps fill out a bit more. A loan to the Championship is exactly what he needs, I'd rather that were he play 40 odd games instead of going to a relegation battler in the PL where he'll be in and out again all season and probably have 2 or 3 different managers.

A loan the Germany might be exactly what he needs

Reactions: Tak
if he had Tosuns eye for goal and finishing technique he would be a defo keeper. unfortunately he hasn't got that eye for goal

If tosun had dcl's pace, ability to hold a ball up, win fouls, get involved and win headers, than he would be a keeper. Unfortunatly he has none of them, and not really that eye for goal you all go on about either

The castigating of our young players makes my blood boil,
The players have had to try to perform under the tutelage of two very negative managers over the last few years,in a poor formation,with very little help from senior professionals.
These lads get slaughtered week in week out,by divvies who’ve probably never kicked a ball in their lives.
Imagine taking the time out of your day to do this,embarrassing.

This is a football fourm. These are professional players. I played football to a semi pro level (dcl is by far a better football than i ever was) . I also have a uefa A coaching badge and work as a coach as a full time job. Just because some believe dcl is nowhere near good enough or believe that he doesnt have the attributes to make it as a premier front man is not castigating him. Its the view point that he will not be good enough to make it as a top half table premier forward. He possibly will end up in championship football. There is a lot on this fourm who would agree. Lookman on the other hand would have a lot of support as the they have the view that this young player possibly has the attributes to make it.

This is a football fourm. These are professional players. I played football to a semi pro level (dcl is by far a better football than i ever was) . I also have a uefa A coaching badge and work as a coach as a full time job. Just because some believe dcl is nowhere near good enough or believe that he doesnt have the attributes to make it as a premier front man is not castigating him. Its the view point that he will not be good enough to make it as a top half table premier forward. He possibly will end up in championship football. There is a lot on this fourm who would agree. Lookman on the other hand would have a lot of support as the they have the view that this young player possibly has the attributes to make it.

Can you tell me as a coach,
Why is a Striker playing wide left?
How difficult is it for an inexperienced Striker to play (when he does) upfront on his own,against international centre halves?
How easy is it for a Striker to score,when the side he’s playing for creates the least chances in the division?
My main point is that,there isn’t enough sound reasons IMO to say that he,or other young inexperienced players are *^#% and castigate them,(yes they do) you can hear it at games and read it online.

Tosun has had the whole 'he has had no one near him, he's feeding off scraps' excuse thrown around with ease.

Not once heard anyone use that for DCL this season, the lad did a great job, we looked better going forward as a unit with him upfront than we do with tosun
DLC - Shooting accuracy : 36% 0.12 gpm
CT - Shooting accuracy : 42% 0.36 gpm

DLC - Shooting accuracy : 36% 0.12 gpm
CT - Shooting accuracy : 42% 0.36 gpm

Is it me or do they both sound gash!

To be fair i am in the camp of keeping them bpth. I thinkl they could bopth be effective if we can get tactics and personnel right. DCL is a decent enough option off the bench. Last season was a shambles and at one point played left back (or right back) i've tried to block it out!

The lad is not the finished article yet, i still have jope he will come good

Is it me or do they both sound gash!

To be fair i am in the camp of keeping them bpth. I thinkl they could bopth be effective if we can get tactics and personnel right. DCL is a decent enough option off the bench. Last season was a shambles and at one point played left back (or right back) i've tried to block it out!

The lad is not the finished article yet, i still have jope he will come good
Mo Salah - 44% 0.69 gpm
Harry Kane - 45% 0.71 gpm
Lukaku - 45% 0.46 gpm

It's ALL about chances created, brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.