2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a football fourm. These are professional players. I played football to a semi pro level (dcl is by far a better football than i ever was) . I also have a uefa A coaching badge and work as a coach as a full time job. Just because some believe dcl is nowhere near good enough or believe that he doesnt have the attributes to make it as a premier front man is not castigating him. Its the view point that he will not be good enough to make it as a top half table premier forward. He possibly will end up in championship football. There is a lot on this fourm who would agree. Lookman on the other hand would have a lot of support as the they have the view that this young player possibly has the attributes to make it.

"I was a semi profesional footballer and im now coaching mate"

Great-British-Bake-Off-Jane-Beedle-Jay-Inbetweeners-701903.jpg

If all the noises coming out of the club about Young players is true then he stays and will be given his chance. I certainly think he should be given another season to see if he can develop any further.

A loan at a top championship side would do him the world of good I think. Got a pretty raw deal here last year and was hung out to dry abit by our useless DoFs ability to bring in a CF before the season started. A season playing every week, learning his trade in a competitive league would be great for him, rather than 20 mins here or there for us.

I dont understand any criticisms of our young players - they should all be given a free pass this year because they've had 3 managers, a rubbish director of football, no strategy, no tactics and surely no consistent mentoring or coaching.

They definitely deserve one more chance.

And plus don't forget, some people develop at different rates than others, and we should look at their U20, U21 performances as indicators for the future, not for throwing them straight in and expecting 20 goals (DCL) and 15 assists (Lookman and Dowell)

Kenny, Dowell, Davies, DCL, Lookman, Vlasic - I don't know Connolly that well should all be given a season for proper judgement.

I used to think the same about Rooney as he's a type of player who needs TLC, but he's had his chance!, He's old enough to know how to handle himself.

Tosun has had the whole 'he has had no one near him, he's feeding off scraps' excuse thrown around with ease.

Not once heard anyone use that for DCL this season, the lad did a great job, we looked better going forward as a unit with him upfront than we do with tosun

You can’t be serious?

Never in the field of human conflict has so much been said by so many about one half baked wannabe/never will be/might be.

I get why people say certain players are still young and will improve etc. But I have seen enough of DCL to know that he is not good enough for a team who talks about being in the top six of the Prem.

The lad is not a finisher, his first touch is poor, and his passing is not good enough. He isn’t good enough. That’s not the end of the world, he can go on to have a good career somewhere else, but being a great athlete does not equal being a great footballer.

I get why people say certain players are still young and will improve etc. But I have seen enough of DCL to know that he is not good enough for a team who talks about being in the top six of the Prem.

The lad is not a finisher, his first touch is poor, and his passing is not good enough. He isn’t good enough. That’s not the end of the world, he can go on to have a good career somewhere else, but being a great athlete does not equal being a great footballer.

See thats why i disagree, and its ok to disagree because football is one of those things that is all about opinions.
But what you cannot do is state that a person is wrong based on there opinion of a footballer and how they perceive that player.

Mo Salah at the RS for example, Mourinho didnt think he was good enough, thats ok, he sold him.he then went to 3 other teams since chelsea and proved he was good enough, it all depends on fit of player at club, what style of play the team wants to play etc.

But to say he isnt good enough is daft, Man City away for example.......could Tosun have done the job Calvert Lewin did? No
Could Tosun have got onto that ball from Rooney in hte anfield derby and drawn the foul? No

Calvert Lewin is perfect for our games against the big sides, Tosun is not

Status
Not open for further replies.