2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
completely unrelated, but I saw him in John Lennon with Tom Davies, Davies was ordering a subway. I didn't realise how big they were, DCL is very broad shouldered. I like him, they could benefit from a loan, playing every week?

I really think there's a decent player in there, he wins headers, holds the ball up well and can link up with others if he gets enough support. Last season he was just very unfortunate to find himself being relied upon to be main striker in a God-awful team.

He needs to work on his composure in front of goal, his reading of play and perhaps fill out a bit more. A loan to the Championship is exactly what he needs, I'd rather that were he play 40 odd games instead of going to a relegation battler in the PL where he'll be in and out again all season and probably have 2 or 3 different managers.

completely unrelated, but I saw him in John Lennon with Tom Davies, Davies was ordering a subway. I didn't realise how big they were, DCL is very broad shouldered. I like him, they could benefit from a loan, playing every week?

Sorry, but who could benefit from going out alone - Davies, DCL or both ?

I agree with Davies, but DCL needs punting back to the Championship.

I remember finishing 4th playing with a lone striker who ran the channels and didn’t score many!

DCL is quick, pacey, can hold the ball up, he works hard and he’s good in the air. He’ll be a success for us.

Bent only got 6 league goals and 0 assists that season too.
Six 1-0 wins in a row over Xmas as well if I recall. Can’t remember that team ever getting booed off the pitch even though on paper they were prettt crap compared to the current... just goes to show hard work, the right attitude and good results goes a long way

I remember finishing 4th playing with a lone striker who ran the channels and didn’t score many!

DCL is quick, pacey, can hold the ball up, he works hard and he’s good in the air. He’ll be a success for us.
good in the air? ive seen him be dominated by literally every centre half this season.

our ploy of having pickford lump it up to him thro the middle or out wide has failed miserablly

All will be revealed next season, assuming he is retained that is. I hold little hope for a player with no apparent goal scoring knack. Next season or break for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.