Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chinese. Apparently, so I've heard, they're a great bunch of lads.

I mean we shouldn't care how a manager or players get on over there.

Tevez was there for a payday as are are all European managers.

Do you think any player would go to China if they were paying peanuts?

We should never judge a managers affinity because they didn't try at China same with a player's ability.

I mean we shouldn't care how a manager or players get on over there.

Tevez was there for a payday as are are all European managers.

Do you think any player would go to China if they were paying peanuts?

We should never judge a managers affinity because they didn't try at China same with a player's ability.
Not sure why any team would be paying Steven Pienaar while he's working for FC Everton in some sort of ambassadorial role tbf. Makes no sense fella.

I'm not so much bothered by his relegation with a terrible Hull team as good managers get relegated; It concerns me more the whole wanting to jump ship after months in his job, loyalty in football is hard enough to come by but that's taking it to a whole new level. It's a bit worrying.

However if he's coming just get him in and lets start the clean up off this atrocious playing staff we have accumulated.

Hull were dead and gone when Silva took over. He got them very, very close to safety. Didn't force a style on their side and played a way that suited the players he had available. To get them close to safety was an achievement in itself.

Watford - he had them flying right up until our approach. Even after that, they picked up points. It was the game against United that it fell away a bit and then the ongoing rumours around us. It clearly turned his head, we were offering huge money and we are a far bigger club than Watford. That's when the players started sensing something was amiss (this isn't news btw, it's been well documented). His relationship with the Watford board vanished and they sacked him - that decision cost them close to £12m in the compo we'd offered.

Silva has won things in every other country he's managed in. He did better, comparatively speaking, than Fonseca while they were both in Portugal. He was heavily linked to the Benfica job after he left Watford, and turned down roles at Southampton and Stoke. He wanted us and will know what Moshiri wants of him.

He's not perfect, no. But he is a very promising manager and exactly the type that fits the bill in terms of what we need.

Emery? He isn't really amazing. He did well with Sevilla under Monchi - well, very well, but couldn't hack the step up to PSG. He also doesn't speak any English, which is bound to end up being an issue that would be picked up on should he not hit the ground running. There's also question marks over whether he'd think himself too big for the job.

Tuchel - had the PSG job in the bag for six months. Shame, although he's pish defensively like.

Fonseca - no more proven than Silva.

Conte - no chance, plus he's an egomaniac. Would take him in a second, but if he hates living in London, no chance he's moving up north and dragging his family with him.

Pellegrini - interviewed in 2016, Moshiri wasn't keen. Has been in China and now looks set for West Ham.

Favre - off to Dortmund.

Let me know of any others I've missed, those are just off the top of my head.
You keep trotting this line out, I'd love to know how you can prove it was because of this and not just a natural decline ?

You better hope Watfords lawyers dont see your posts Joey lad.

They will have you up before the beak, in case you were wondering.

perjury
ˈpəːdʒ(ə)ri/
noun
LAW
  1. the offence of wilfully telling an untruth or making a misrepresentation under oath.
Sentence

A person convicted of perjury is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding seven years, or to a fine, or to both
Don't worry @Joey66 ! Attorneys Esk, Weasel and Mole can defend you using the "If it's on GOT it's rot" principle as established by precedents such as "we've got the Mata-horn" and "Witsel is ours".

Case dismissed!

How do you know we havent spoken to anybody else tho mate?

People said the same when we appointed Koeman, then Tuchel and that fella from the Swiss league came out and said we were talking to them.

We probably have spoken to Emery, Wenger and all the other available managers, they all probably said no thanks.
But but but the histree!

Hang on, what are you saying here ?

We have a spending pot that pretty much any club outside the big 20 in Europe would bite your arm off for, and a history to match. So why wouldn't more top coaches be interested in us ?

It's not a matter of fans being unrealistic. Fans are expressing their views as to who they would like to see manage our club. And they're questioning where is the evidence that Silva is the right man to lead us forward.

I think you're putting the cart before the horse a bit, saying it's our job to back him, when there's not even been any official confirmation yet that he's in the running.
I'm simply saying it's our job to back the man the club deems fit to place in the job, if your in that stadium week in and week out you'll have seen how the atmosphere has declined over the last few years. I admit this is largely down to poor running of the club but it need a to change moving forward we all need to be on the same page.

And in relation to your comment around top managers wanting to manage us, can you see see a queue of managers stating there desire to manage us?? Im all for Mourinho coming but its a pipe dream! Can you see Conte or Simone coming here?? Im not putting us down I am just realistic.History is just that history, and the money isn't a guarantee of anything!

What we need is a forward thinking manager with a clear idea of how he wants us to play, then he needs time and support to implement it! When we are a more attractive proposition then who knows who will come then!

Our approach coincided with their downturn in form, is that not fair to say?

I say it could be construed as coincidence as well, it's Watford we are talking about such a downturn in results is not out of the ordinary. All I'm saying is it's too weak an argument. I still think if that was the case then it's extremely unprofessional and for that his attitude needs to b questioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.