Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course we do but a few games I watched Watford and all I kept thinking was Martinez last season.

Exhibit A:

http://www.skysports.com/football/chelsea-vs-watford/373177

The scariest part of reading that was this

Marco Silva: "It is a really unfair result. It didn't reflect what happened in the match, like our team played and how we came here and controlled for most of the game.

"We created a lot of chances in the first half and started to control the match, and then Chelsea started to play on the counter-attack. We knew before the match that they can play, but we played our game.

It sounds quite familiar, like a manager we had previously

He's an attacking coach who plays with tempo, pressing and pace and most importantly to win. He spotted a few players at Watford and improved players working with youngsters and their pattern of play to excite. Questions about his defensive abilities and the drop off with Watford's form but that club is unstable anyway. Not my first choice as there are elements of Martinez about him, but he's way ahead of BFS and can build something if given time. So I'm quite happy if it happens.

If it is Silva then we have to give him a chance.
Yeah but we have no choice but it dosent mean it isnt a pathetic move from us, no team in the top 7 would go anywhere near him, in fact none of the top 10 would apart from the one side with zero ambition.

Yeah but we have no choice but it dosent mean it isnt a pathetic move from us, no team in the top 7 would go anywhere near him, in fact none of the top 10 would apart from the one side with zero ambition.
Arsenal are about to appoint Mikel Arteta. I'd be furious if we went for him.

We’re not in the top 7 lol and there’s deffo something going on with the manager merry go round I don’t think hel end up here.

FFS look at his record. Relegated Hull and then watched Watford fall apart. You might as well employ Carvalhal or Pellegrino.

Guaranteed SOS to Allardyce or another firefighter in December.

Hull were already relegated and he nearly kept them up.. Watford fell apart because we wanted him...

FS will never be near the club again.... ;)

He's an attacking coach who plays with tempo, pressing and pace and most importantly to win. Questions about his defensive abilities and the drop off with Watford's form but that club is unstable anyway. Not my first choice but he's way ahead of BFS and can build something if given time. So I'm quite happy if it happens.
How can he be well ahead of BFS when his record is pathetic compared to the big one ? Playing to win is great, if you know how to do it, this clown just knows how to be gung ho then switch off if he wins a few games, awful manager

Happy with him to be honest. Wasn't my first choice, but I have a lot of time for him. He's young, ambitious and progressive - that's attributes I would like to see accompanied with Everton. In this manager's game you can never be sure how's one or another fit into the club. Like I said earlier - Pochettino was sacked from Espanyol and he did worse than Koeman with Saints. Look at him now.

It's a gamble and I'd rather see us gambling than always pick a safe option.

Status
Not open for further replies.