Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be happy with Silva. Prefer him to Fonseca. This Hull relegation is not 100% his fault they were in free fall. Remember Benitez relegated Newcastle.

The Andy Hunter article said Silva was "a leading candidate". Its amazing the lack of reading comprehension here.

That said, if they do sign Silva I will be greatly concerned for the future of this club, and its not even about his ability. First, they now knowingly open themselves up to possibly censure due to attempts to sign him this past summer. Unless you are 100% sure there wasnt inappropriate contact, its just much better not to sign him unless hes head and shoulders above everyone else, which he isnt. Second, and perhaps more importantly, it likely shows the new DOF has no say in managers, and Moshiri is choosing them. We know Silva was first choice, what are the odds Brands also thought he was the best option? It would smell of the DOF being brought in, but Moshiri, the person who knows far less about good managers being the one choosing them. Good ownership is recognizing good people and putting smarter people than you in place. All of this is a big if right now, but those are the 2 reasons I think Silva is a poor choice.

We can only hope that Moshiri will be making a decision based on advice, as he surely cannot decide himself. It’s a shame Walsh wasn’t sacked with Koeman as a period of a few months for a respected DOF to get to know the clubs needs would have been a huge advantage at a time like this.

Silva is undoubtedly a risk, but we have to accept that’s the territory we are in. You can list all the big names, but they won’t come here regardless of what we offer.

Fonseca is also a risk appointment whether he comes to us or elsewhere.

You can go from zero to hero in football pretty quickly. Nobody comes with a guarantee. If Silva was to do well here, Moshiri will be lauded for being brave and far-sighted, just as much as he had been criticised for the appointments of Koeman and Walsh.

The Andy Hunter article said Silva was "a leading candidate". Its amazing the lack of reading comprehension here.

That said, if they do sign Silva I will be greatly concerned for the future of this club, and its not even about his ability. First, they now knowingly open themselves up to possibly censure due to attempts to sign him this past summer. Unless you are 100% sure there wasnt inappropriate contact, its just much better not to sign him unless hes head and shoulders above everyone else, which he isnt. Second, and perhaps more importantly, it likely shows the new DOF has no say in managers, and Moshiri is choosing them. We know Silva was first choice, what are the odds Brands also thought he was the best option? It would smell of the DOF being brought in, but Moshiri, the person who knows far less about good managers being the one choosing them. Good ownership is recognizing good people and putting smarter people than you in place. All of this is a big if right now, but those are the 2 reasons I think Silva is a poor choice.
Excellent and overlooked point actually.

We can only hope that Moshiri will be making a decision based on advice, as he surely cannot decide himself. It’s a shame Walsh wasn’t sacked with Koeman as a period of a few months for a respected DOF to get to know the clubs nerds would have been a huge advantage at a time like this.

Silva is undoubtedly a risk, but we have to accept that’s the territory we are in. You can list all the big names, but they won’t come here regardless of what we offer.

Fonseca is also a risk appointment whether he comes to us or elsewhere.

You can go from zero to hero in football pretty quickly. Nobody comes with a guarantee. If Silva was to do well here, Moshiri will be lauded for being brave and far-sighted, just as much as he had been criticised for the appointments of Koeman and Walsh.

Im afraid you will find that is exactly what has happened.

How can he be well ahead of BFS when his record is pathetic compared to the big one ? Playing to win is great, if you know how to do it, this clown just knows how to be gung ho then switch off if he wins a few games, awful manager
Is he? Let's look at his stats.

11/12 Estoril - best defence in the league, conceding 20 goals in 30 games
12/13 Estoril - 5th best defence in the league (now Primeira Liga), conceding 37 in 30
13/14 Estoril - 4th best defence in the league, conceding 26 in 30
14/15 Sporting - 4th best defence in the league, conceding 29 in 30
15/16 - best defence in the league, conceding 16 in 30

He can set up a defence when he has a good players at his disposal:coffee:

Look at this - we are already at just back the manager FFS shouts

how low have we stooped?

The key point is all Moshiri had to do was appoint a manager capable of defending and attacking.

Emery, Blanc, Mancini, Pellegrini, Fonesca, Wenger,

Any of those would have been sufficient in uniting the fanbase, instead he's gone from no defence martinez to no attack alladyce to no defence silva.

The lack of foresight from the club beggars belief.

Moshiri must love peeing money away is all I can say.

How do you know Watford fell apart 'because we wanted him'? I mean, I realise that's the narrative that he and his followers will want to perpetuate, but to my mind its well with reason that he just was another joker manager out of his depth at this level and his Watford results post December reflected that.

Even if that is true, how is that a positive thing in his favour, if anything it is terribly unprofessional from him.

Come on lads.

Look hes not my choice either, but hes a decent manager with a fairly decent if not patchy record.

He has a superb tactical grasp and superb man management skills, lets try and get behind the fella, unreal he hasnt even been appointed and people hate him.

He starts with a clean slate, judge on what he does for us, not what hes done for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.