Homepage Update: Wayne Rooney transfer "agreed in principle"

Wayne Rooney - Provided he expects to be a regular starter - Keep or Sell?

• Keep

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Sell

Votes: 131 87.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bradley Wright-Phillips can look like an actual footballer in that utter jarg MLS, then I'm sure Wayne will absolutely smash it over there.

Take a wheelbarrow to bring your cash home Wazza, fair play to you.

Also, I have never seen a more Everton scenario of bringing Rooney back for a nominal fee being our top scorer from midfield and then selling him for a fee.

Everton this. Enjoy the spin classes lad

Decent start, that went down hill after he got gripped for drink driving. My opinion of him changed then.

He finally comes back to his boyhood club and couldn’t even get himself fit.

Scored some important and great goals for us, but he could of done so much better

Good deal all round if it’s true

Hmm, really don't agree with this, I think his experience of winning would be invaluable to the squad over the next three years. We have no winners now!

If we do get a £12m fee, whilst getting his big wages off the books, I suppose that's good for ffp or whatever it is. Especially as he'd only be a bit part player. I would have given it another year myself though, give him the chance to play 15 games next season and see if his quality is still low and then decide. Instead of playing him every bloody game. We don't exactly need the money, but ffp, I'll see who we sign before going too overboard just gut Instinct is this is a bad decision.

article-2309769-194FF20D000005DC-217_306x423.jpg

“Bye, Wayne, I would have kept you forever!”

We badly need character and leadership and nous adding to the squad. I know Rooney is a big name, won stuff, international etc but it's a large wage bill for that alone. I'm also unconvinced his body can take a hefty Prem season workload.

Coleman, Jags and Baines are for me, the only other three approaching providing that. And there's many who will hound me out for the latter two. Siggy seems up for the fight too I guess. The club really do need to buy carefully this summer if there is a clearout if the old guard. Coleman alone could leave us a little exposed in terms of experience and character.

We badly need character and leadership and nous adding to the squad. I know Rooney is a big name, won stuff, international etc but it's a large wage bill for that alone. I'm also unconvinced his body can take a hefty Prem season workload.

Coleman, Jags and Baines are for me, the only other three approaching providing that. And there's many who will hound me out for the latter two. Siggy seems up for the fight too I guess. The club really do need to buy carefully this summer if there is a clearout if the old guard. Coleman alone could leave us a little exposed in terms of experience and character.
Jagielka doesn’t have character. The man is a coward.

Status
Not open for further replies.