Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be honest.

We're not good enough for anyone like Fonesca, and I think Silva is Martinez Mk II.

I'd quite happily give Allardyce another season, if we finish 7th next season then we can then start approaching bigger and better managers.
I don’t get this we are not good enough for Fonseca stuff. He manages a team in the Ukraine league that only really has 2 teams that could probably win it each season. Think we could easily get him if he didn’t get a better offer. We would pay him loads and get a large transfer budget.

It's quite a casual observation but if you take the number of people on here who wanted Koeman (or were thrilled with his appointment) to be around 80-90% of posters (an overwhelming majority at the least) and then look at his tactic of having Bolasie as the fulcrum of our attack then I think that shows that either those same posters have changed their opinion of this tactic (and koeman) or just don't like Allardyce personally.

Surely If they were 'made up' with Koeman and his tactics they should be supporting Allardyce who doesn't only focus on Bolasie but also Walcott and Tosun too.

Perhaps if Koeman had more money to spend he could have signed Tosun and Walcott and led us into 8th in the table.

I wonder if he would have been given more credit than Allardyce for this achievement.

I am confused by that as they are different managers. Whilst I agree Koeman didn't have much of a style either, I am not sure you can use support for one to bash fans who have reservations that Sam can do much beyond making us safe/top ten. I was never fully convinced by Koeman either he did alright in the first season but relied heavily on Barkley/Lukaku. The bizarre transfers and a lack of a plan of what to do with them did for him. I do think Walsh, Kenwright and Moshiri are as much if not more responsible for our lack of identity/progress on and off the pitch, but I don't see progress under Sam either.

I don’t get this we are not good enough for Fonseca stuff. He manages a team in the Ukraine league that only really has 2 teams that could probably win it each season. Think we could easily get him if he didn’t get a better offer. We would pay him loads and get a large transfer budget.

Should go for Zidane then, seeing as there's only two teams in Spain.

Champions League, or managing a 34 year old Ashley Williams in a stadium that has been dead for nearly a decade?

Nah.

Im proud to say i never wanted Koeman. First thing I've ever got right..ever

That said, I thought Walsh would be a good idea. So that makes it a score draw.

I was the same...

I wonder what happened to him.

Made a fortune from movies and his own tv series...I like him.

WRONG

Koemans style was to get it out wide and play percentage balls into the box for the big lump.

Sams style over the years has been to lump it up top to the big man and feed off the scraps in the box.

If we use your opinion (which is incorrect) as a template then he must have evolved as most of the balls we play go wide first rather than to tosun.

I'm going to be honest.

We're not good enough for anyone like Fonesca, and I think Silva is Martinez Mk II.

I'd quite happily give Allardyce another season, if we finish 7th next season then we can then start approaching bigger and better managers.

Silva is a very good manager mate. Take a look at his career....hes done well everywhere and over delivered.

I dont like him as a person or as a manager and was against him before he came and am still against him now. He had a mandate which was to not get relegated. (IMO we weren’t in danger of being relegated and was a knee jerk reaction to how poor we were in Europe). He did that job, and that should be that. He has proven his character with the way he speaks about the fans and puts all blame on players but then claims all credit. He got the results needed but with some of the worst football I’ve ever watched. He depended on individual moments of skill to win us games. He performed no better against the top 7 than Koeman did, against the same 6 teams Koeman played, he also only got one point and conceded god knows how many.

I don’t agree with the personal insults for the sake of calling him fat etc and I have generally refrained from doing that, or calling him BFS but by his actual nickname BS. But I don’t disagree with the booing or the atmosphere created because as stakeholders of the club (which we all are as we all pay money to watch, buy merch etc) that is our way to show the owners and the media how we feel. BS can go and slate the fans to the media and it’s national news. We can’t do that unless we boo etc. He needs out of our club for a number of reasons, but mostly because he has no ideas other than hoofball for 40 points, and he has shown that by since us being safe, he hasn’t changed it. And that sort of play, cannot get you into the top 6. And if the performances end up being like this seasons, I think it would end up being swathes of enpty seats, I know I couldn’t suffer through another season of these performances.

Sorry but in Allardyce's mind his nickname is actually 'The Daddy'.

I dont like him as a person or as a manager and was against him before he came and am still against him now. He had a mandate which was to not get relegated. (IMO we weren’t in danger of being relegated and was a knee jerk reaction to how poor we were in Europe). He did that job, and that should be that. He has proven his character with the way he speaks about the fans and puts all blame on players but then claims all credit. He got the results needed but with some of the worst football I’ve ever watched. He depended on individual moments of skill to win us games. He performed no better against the top 7 than Koeman did, against the same 6 teams Koeman played, he also only got one point and conceded god knows how many.

I don’t agree with the personal insults for the sake of calling him fat etc and I have generally refrained from doing that, or calling him BFS but by his actual nickname BS. But I don’t disagree with the booing or the atmosphere created because as stakeholders of the club (which we all are as we all pay money to watch, buy merch etc) that is our way to show the owners and the media how we feel. BS can go and slate the fans to the media and it’s national news. We can’t do that unless we boo etc. He needs out of our club for a number of reasons, but mostly because he has no ideas other than hoofball for 40 points, and he has shown that by since us being safe, he hasn’t changed it. And that sort of play, cannot get you into the top 6. And if the performances end up being like this seasons, I think it would end up being swathes of enpty seats, I know I couldn’t suffer through another season of these performances.
Are you talking about lard ass?

Should go for Zidane then, seeing as there's only two teams in Spain.

Champions League, or managing a 34 year old Ashley Williams in a stadium that has been dead for nearly a decade?

Nah.
I mean the Spanish League is very different to the Ukraine league and Real are one of the best teams in the world so don’t really get your point at all there. So obviously Zindane probably wouldn’t come but there was no mention of him in my post.

I would like a definitive list of who wanted to buy which player this season. Then we can judge just who we should hang......

I was the same...

Made a fortune from movies and his own tv series...I like him.

If we use your opinion (which is incorrect) as a template then he must have evolved as most of the balls we play go wide first rather than to tosun.

Silva is a very good manager mate. Take a look at his career....hes done well everywhere and over delivered.

Sorry but in Allardyce's mind his nickname is actually 'The Daddy'.

Cheers mate. I was really worried about him. Glad to see he's done alright.

I am confused by that as they are different managers. Whilst I agree Koeman didn't have much of a style either, I am not sure you can use support for one to bash fans who have reservations that Sam can do much beyond making us safe/top ten. I was never fully convinced by Koeman either he did alright in the first season but relied heavily on Barkley/Lukaku. The bizarre transfers and a lack of a plan of what to do with them did for him. I do think Walsh, Kenwright and Moshiri are as much if not more responsible for our lack of identity/progress on and off the pitch, but I don't see progress under Sam either.

To be honest mate I (and others) said how bad Koeman was before he took over...those who had seen his Valencia team especially knew what we were in for as he moved away from Martinez' passing style (which didn't work with subpar players).

Allardyce I actually don't mind when he's saving clubs from relegation...ive been joking about how good he is ironically since we were even linked to him.

The style of play is incredibly similar...the only difference being that Koeman spent a fortune and the fans wanted him.

Allardyce has bought 2 players and has another mans squad but is immediately hated for playing the same way.

All good fun really.

This fella has to go.He's turned Goodison into a morque.Watching Everton has become a chore with this fella.If mere premiership safety is the only ambition, then Allardyce is the man.But ffs we want more than that.Allardyce see's us as just another Blackburn or West Ham.I don't think he truly appreciates or understands the size of Everton as a club.

This fella has to go.He's turned Goodison into a morque.Watching Everton has become a chore with this fella.If mere premiership safety is the only ambition, then Allardyce is the man.But ffs we want more than that.Allardyce see's us as just another Blackburn or West Ham.I don't think he truly appreciates or understands the size of Everton as a club.

It has nothing to do with the size of Everton as a club. It is everything to do with the fact that he’s a buffoon who’s been stealing a living out of football for years, moving from one victim to the next. He should have been permanently kicked out of football over his dodgy past and his England debacle. To have this disgrace of a man managing the club my family have supported from the very beginning is insulting. The day he leaves I will be a happy man......

I'm going to be honest.

Couple of points...

Silva is not Martinez MK II. Martinez had the team passing for the sake of passing, the build up was slow. We had a good first season because he inherited the defensive legacy of Moyes. Silva's teams are passing teams as well but with much more pace and directness.

Giving Allardyce another season and then binning him makes no sense. Why would you invest any money in the summer on the squad if you are going to get rid of the manager at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.