Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
y
article-2312885-196AC1F9000005DC-92_634x417.jpg

https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01369/Rafael-benitez1_pa_1369132c.jpg

Yes...all very interesting and well known and documented...
what has his success at Liverpool 13 yrs ago..got to do with us today?
And do you wish that Evertons opportunities to win silverware improves...and would such an appointment improve that opportunity?

Talking hypothetically now...if this was the appointment...do you think he would perform to the best of his ability..or purposely hold back because he managed a different club?
or if he was to win a trophy that you woundnt accept it and view it as tainted and forever begrudge it.?
What other manager outside the top 4 in the PL do you think is better?

y

And do you wish that Evertons opportunities to win silverware improves...and would such an appointment improve that opportunity?

Talking hypothetically now...if this was the appointment...do you think he would perform to the best of his ability..or purposely hold back because he managed a different club?
or if he was to win a trophy that you woundnt accept it and view it as tainted and forever begrudge it.?

You just dont get Everton do you Jay?

Im not Benitez's biggest fan but not wanting him because he managed the Kopites is seriously bitter.

He would come in and instantly Kopite heads would explode/bullets in the post for Rafael - it would be hilarious.

I dont think we would ever go in for him due to his links there, but who cares its like us never signing a good ex RS player because he once played for them.

Benitez isn't going to come to us, why would he leave Newcastle?

Knowing our luck, we'll get Pardew or something. :(

Well considering he's not got a penny to spend there whereas we've lashed about £200 million about is one, another is we pay more oh and another he has family ties around Merseyside.

I'd take Rafael, and I know this is blasphemy, but I'm trying to be pragmatic. I'd rather have a decent manager with RS ties than a crap or inexperienced one who ~totally gets the club~.

I know he loved the area and he's got family here, but is it realistic he'd come to us even if we did fling money at him?

Not a clue why Rafael shouts have surfaced, but to me, not interested in who he has managed in the past. Truth is, he is an excellent football manager.

They did well to get Benitez and even more so to persuade him to stay as a Championship team.

You need to be ambitious, present the club well, and have some luck with timing.

I wouldn’t think Emery is out of reach for us if we still had interest. Might be a case of our needs and his colliding, but Fonseca/Silva still more likely.

You
You just dont get Everton do you Jay?
Youre absolutely right.
Everton is very....Meh.
Everton is a very different proposition.
But what I do get is the idea of success and a winning and professional mentality.
Sentimentality, grudges, petty jealously when it comes to club rivalry will get you nowhere.
Clear single minded ambition will.
I want Everton Football Club to be successful in the future..not constantly looking at what has happened in the past.

You

Youre absolutely right.
Everton is very....Meh.
Everton is a very different proposition.
But what I do get is the idea of success and a winning and professional mentality.
Sentimentality, grudges, petty jealously when it comes to club rivalry will get you nowhere.
Clear single minded ambition will.
I want Everton Football Club to be successful in the future..not constantly looking at what has happened in the past.

Petty Jealousy is a healthy emotion.

Sacrificing your beliefs for success isnt.

While we're on the subject of ex-Liverpool bosses - going to lob the Brendan Rodgers hand grenade in here. Obviously an utter quilt of a man, but in terms of his football approach and CV I think if he didn't have his LFC associations he'd be figuring highly on any new managerial list. That's not me saying I want him, but I'd rather have him than that boring get Benitez any day.

y

I've pictured the scenario in my head each time we've needed a new manager post-Moyes.

Benitez swoops in - cue Kopite stick
Benitez wins a derby - cue Kopite stick
Benitez wins a pot - cue Kopite stick
Benitez departs - cue Kopite celebrations

I'd just rather not go down that road tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.