2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you condone our manager saying nothing about Holgates treatment?

If Alexander Arnold had accused one of our players of racially abusing him and he ended up being done for something he tweeted as a 15 year old do you really think Klopp would have kept quiet?

Or Mourinho with Rashford?

Alladyce and the club in general have been shocking in their public defence of Mason.

You are using a serious racial accusation (and a homophobic slur tacked on to it) to have a pop at the manager who has done exactly what most other managers would do.

I will be honest with you mate, I think that is absolutely pathetic.

It's not remotely about Allardyce.

You are using a serious racial accusation (and a homophobic slur tacked on to it) to have a pop at the manager who has done exactly what most other managers would do.

I will be honest with you mate, I think that is absolutely pathetic.

It's not remotely about Allardyce.

Oh give over you daft blert. Its nothing to do with Alladyce's ability as a manager, its to do with him being quiet as a mouse and allowing a young kid be viewed as someone whos a homophobe and cries racism which isnt a fair reflection on Holgate whatsoever.

Who knows if Firmino said anything racist, only those two will know that but the second the FA started an investigation into something Holgate said as a 15 year old KID (which you'll hear from most 15 year old lads joking about with mates iespecially from working class backgrounds) in direct response to the allegations of racism the club and manager should have been strong in defending the lads character which they have not done publically.

Oh give over you daft blert. Its nothing to do with Alladyce's ability as a manager, its to do with him being quiet as a mouse and allowing a young kid be viewed as someone whos a homophobe and cries racism which isnt a fair reflection on Holgate whatsoever.

Who knows if Firmino said anything racist, only those two will know that but the second the FA started an investigation into something Holgate said as a 15 year old KID (which you'll hear from most 15 year old lads joking about with mates iespecially from working class backgrounds) in direct response to the allegations of racism the club and manager should have been strong in defending the lads character which they have not done publically.

How do you know its not a fair reflection?

I mean, yeah its probably not but how do you know?

It has got zero to do with the manager. He may be guiding him through out behind the scenes, who knows? Its not really the place to be pushing another agenda though.

It seems that there was some form of misunderstanding with the racism comments otherwise something would have been done about it, the club would have been a bunch more aggressive in fighting it etc. It can happen in the heat of the moment. So that would just leave the homophobic stuff and although we all think its a bit harsh we would be insane to be jumping to his defence regarding it as unlike the racist stuff which may or may not have happened the homophobic tweet (regardless of how innocuous it was) actually did happen.

How do you know its not a fair reflection?

I mean, yeah its probably not but how do you know?

It has got zero to do with the manager. He may be guiding him through out behind the scenes, who knows? Its not really the place to be pushing another agenda though.

It seems that there was some form of misunderstanding with the racism comments otherwise something would have been done about it, the club would have been a bunch more aggressive in fighting it etc. It can happen in the heat of the moment. So that would just leave the homophobic stuff and although we all think its a bit harsh we would be insane to be jumping to his defence regarding it as unlike the racist stuff which may or may not have happened the homophobic tweet (regardless of how innocuous it was) actually did happen.

So you think its fair to charge someone with what they said as a kid?

You think its fair for a potential victim to have their character/history dug into?

God I hope your twitter/Facebook/MSN chat history/text messages from old mobile phones etc. Are squeaky clean incase God forbid you ever fall victim of a crime/put in a complaint against someone and the authorities decide to string you up for something you said as a KID.

That's what happens when you speak out against people with power, who are in the wrong, they always try and get you another way.

You think its fair for a potential victim to have their character/history dug into?

God I hope your twitter/Facebook/MSN chat history/text messages from old mobile phones etc. Are squeaky clean incase God forbid you ever fall victim of a crime/put in a complaint against someone and the authorities decide to string you up for something you said as a KID.

They have set precedent that will bike them back good and proper,

They have set precedent that will bike them back good and proper,

I hope so but sadly not mate- Robertsons tweet has not been scrutinised by the FA which is typical bias.

Could you imagine one of Utd/Liverpools players being charged like holgate but a rival sides player not for the same incident - Jose/Klopp would be highlighting it as its what winners do/defending your club/players. Our manager and club on the other hand couldn't give a monkeys being walked all over.

I didn't once say it was fair.

He got a warning, he was not "strung up". Fact is it happened and by their (ridiculous) rules he was found to have done something wrong.

By the looks of it Firmino did not commit any crime or offence and what was "heard" was a misunderstanding or something. That's fine and I am glad that's the case regardless of it being a RS player. Stuff like this is not something where club loyalties or personal feelings (like the Allardyce stuff) should come into it.

I didn't once say it was fair.

He got a warning, he was not "strung up". Fact is it happened and by their (ridiculous) rules he was found to have done something wrong.

By the looks of it Firmino did not commit any crime or offence and what was "heard" was a misunderstanding or something. That's fine and I am glad that's the case regardless of it being a RS player. Stuff like this is not something where club loyalties or personal feelings (like the Allardyce stuff) should come into it.
That wasn't the FA ruling. The ruling was that the evidence was insufficient to charge. Which is another thing entirely.

So you condone our manager saying nothing about Holgates treatment?

If Alexander Arnold had accused one of our players of racially abusing him and he ended up being done for something he tweeted as a 15 year old do you really think Klopp would have kept quiet?

Or Mourinho with Rashford?

Alladyce and the club in general have been shocking in their public defence of Mason.
So you'd want Allardyce to act like that ranting spittle spraying idiot from across the park?

That wasn't the FA ruling. The ruling was that the evidence was insufficient to charge. Which is another thing entirely.

So what do you want to happen? Punish him for being a racist anyway just because he is a Liverpool player?

Got to be very careful with stuff like this and it worries me that some people (not saying you) seem to be pushing for Firmino to get punished purely because he plays for our rivals without any actual solid evidence. Its bigger than club rivalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.