Steven Pienaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actual tears in my eyes watching that knowing these days we have to put up with gash like bolasie

Looking back it's genuinely upsetting to have to start asking "how did we go from Cahill, Pienaar, Arteta and Fellaini to Klassen, Bolassie, Siggurdson and Schneiderlin? Whilst spending approximately 5 times as much. How? How? How????"

Bruh you once proclaimed sigurdson to be better than coutinho, and now this, are you a wum????????

Make that more then once.

As for Pienaar good player, but only that, we’ve had far better ones, who didn’t run down their contract and bin us of for Spurs a huge signing on fee to go with his big fat wedge.

Mercenary, who did well out of us.

Last edited:
He was a magical footballer and the type of player Evertonians appreciate and pay good money to watch. I think it was Baines who said he was the most gifted footballer he'd ever played with.

He loves Everton and will forever be remembered as an Everton player.

A terrific engine and a massive heart! Baines was only half the player without him in the side! Telepathic partnership, happy days.

Probably the best gem player Moyes ever bought. At his peak he was Champions League level quality and I personally didn't mind the manner in which he left. I've always remembered him fondly, he never downed tools even when it he made it clear he was going to leave and when he did eventually come back he played out of his skin to prove a point instead of living off what had come before. Just a shame he and Baines were left to do all the creative work themselves in that era, put them at their peak in a team with the likes of Coleman, Sigurdsson and Lukaku and we'd be right up there amongst the best.

My favourite goal was the free-kick against City at Goodison. Me and my brother were still dancing and singing his name at the top of our lungs for a good 10 minutes after it went in. Everyone around us must have thought were we bevvied but we weren't.

Loved him. Brilliant player. Other than the intelligence and technique others have mentioned I'd like to call out his bravery to receive the ball. The opposite of a hider.

Football is so much easier when you have a player that is always available - whether it was his workrate to make a yard of space or just a willingness to pin and hold off his marker to take the ball in, he always helped us move the ball forward. Precious commodity.

Expected Vern Troyer but got Barry White...he was a very well-rounded footballer with a little extra sprinkling of powdered sugar on top. Once in a while he'd disappoint but you could usually count on him for a good 7 out of 10.

Yeah like that would help with the overflow of decent replacements we have in the squad
Just because there are no decent backup, does not mean we should be persisting with players who are no longer performing to an acceptable level.

It’s sad, but they’re old and past it now. They should realise that it is time to move on. Not leech from the club. We keep far too many players past their sell buy date. It is time to be a ruthless business.

Status
Not open for further replies.