david moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Than Martinez? The players didn’t respect him because they knew he was a joke, he didn’t even work on set pieces. That’s before you take into account the two worst performances I’ve ever seen at Anfield from Everton sides and one of the worst at Goodison where against an average Liverpool side we barely even crossed the halfway line and got the 0-0 we set up to get against the likes of Lambert Ibe and Balotelli.

The lack of set pieces is the shocking part. If we added that to the game we could have been dangerous. It’s as one dimensional as totally relying on them

Moyes 4 me he loved this club, he was passionate & devoted to Everton would have come back to us at the drop off a hat....

Moyes 4 me he loved this club, he was passionate & devoted to Everton would have come back to us at the drop off a hat....

If love and you’re devoted to a club you don’t leg it at the drop of a hat and then be both patronising and disparaging about it and how it’s run whilst advising players to move on for the betterment of their careers .

It might be rose tinted glasses but I was here through the success and when Howard left but I don’t recall him being anything but glowing about us.

Than Martinez? It’s Hobson’s choice but yes. People seem to have forgotten life under Martinez. That first season aside it was constant worries of relegation, horrific football that produced absolute dirges of games when we struggled to create even a shot. Certain games where we played 4 holding midfielders in the line up. Kone and Cleverley on the flanks, Barkley and Lukaku never dropped or even subbed towards the end. The players didn’t respect him because they knew he was a joke, he didn’t even work on set pieces. That’s before you take into account the two worst performances I’ve ever seen at Anfield from Everton sides and one of the worst at Goodison where against an average Liverpool side we barely even crossed the halfway line and got the 0-0 we set up to get against the likes of Lambert Ibe and Balotelli.
But but but, he wouldn't or couldn't set up defensively, remember?....erm......

If love and you’re devoted to a club you don’t leg it at the drop of a hat and then be both patronising and disparaging about it and how it’s run whilst advising players to move on for the betterment of their careers .

It might be rose tinted glasses but I was here through the success and when Howard left but I don’t recall him being anything but glowing about us.

Leaving this club was a major mistake for Moyes in hindsight....

Yeah, he proved how much he loved this club when he left for United, pulled down his kecks and shat on us.

It must of torn him apart to leave this great club, only the top job in British football would have tempted him to leave us...

...and after he left United it was nowhere near the top job in British football.

Well in Moyesie.

big mistake I agree.....wish him well tho at West ham & will always applaud the Moyesiah when he visits goodison park...

Do you think ?

Yes, I honestly believe Moyes could have taken us on to bigger & greater things, he had the drive & determination to get us back to the top, loved to watch him on the sidelines getting involved & celebrating he really was committed to the cause...

He just wasn't good at it Dave. He set them up defensively but didn't work with them on how to play that way... I suppose. I was missing from training that week.
He didn't want to play that way. That was the issue. Not that he couldn't set up and eke out a point, as proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.