david moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he didn't have all the money did he far from it in fact....

The team were an ageing side which needed transition & of course he was taking over from one of the greatest British managers of all time....

It was almost an impossible situation for Moyes.....he should have stayed at Everton & taken us into the top six....

Man Utd have almost limitless cash. They could have found the money for any player he wanted. His incompetence and dithering meant they spent £28m on Fellaini when they could have got him for £4m less a month previous.

And there was no chance he was ever going to stay here once he knew United were interested in him succeeding Ferguson.

He hugely failed at United. The squad he tookover shouldn't have finished outside the top 4 let alone 7th. That's why they got rid as quick as they did.

Last edited:
Man Utd have almost limitless cash. They could have found the money for any player he wanted. His incompetence and dithering meant they spent £28m on Fellaini when they could have got him for £4m less a month previous.

And there was no chance he was ever going to stay here once he knew United were interested in him succeeding Ferguson.

He hugely failed at United. The squad he took shouldn't have finished outside the top 4 let alone 7th. That's why they got rid as quick as they did.

Never had a chance imo.....

Any Manager needs time to build a team/squad it can not be done in a matter of months it is just not realistic.....

Never had a chance imo.....

Any Manager needs time to build a team/squad it can not be done in a matter of months it is just not realistic.....

He just wasn't good enough for a club of that stature mate. Moyes simply melted when put under far greater scrutiny.

I work with two Man Utd season ticket holders and they don't have a good word to say about him. Yes, he had a huge act to follow with stepping into Ferguson's shoes, but he just wasn't up to the job, and has followed it up with two more failures since.

Last edited:
Everton indulged him; his ego was such he made himself as attractive as possible to any suitor by running his contract down- It smacked of double standards, he wouldn’t let a player do what he did. They were moved on for as big a fee as possible rather than us lose them for nothing but how Kenwright allowed him to do that still baffles me. If he wouldn’t sign an extension he should have been punted, he was an employee not the owner, and that was his problem he saw himself as bigger than Everton.

Because of what we have now we look too favourably at his tenure - I’ll never forgive him for giving up the Derby game at Anfield mid-week because we had Sunderland at home in the quarters on the Saturday. A game we drew. His away record against the top four sides as was says enough about his approach to the game. Better than Sam? Yes. What we need now – absolutely no.

Time to properly consign him to the history books. He did a solid job here and no more.

He may not have had money but he had plenty of time and that is an even more precious commodity.

We failed at almost every big game under him. It irks me now actually as Man City only emerged in the latter stages of his time here and Spurs were a joke.

Someone with a bit more bite and ambition would have succeeded in getting us Top 4 on several occasions I am convinced of it and we may well be still reaping the benefits now.

He was happy to languish us in his own comfort zone for years with ready made excuses. I still think it was small time in the extreme to let him take that West Ham game too.

Ho

However best we had since Kendall. Don't know about Spain but who could follow Ferguson? Probably the best manager the world has seen and next one expected to match him in a few months. They still have not. They are a massive club but not as big as that manager.
Would love to see Moyes with money
United on the bread line were they...you did see Moyes with money and he did nowt with it

Ho

However best we had since Kendall. Don't know about Spain but who could follow Ferguson? Probably the best manager the world has seen and next one expected to match him in a few months. They still have not. They are a massive club but not as big as that manager.
Would love to see Moyes with money

Forgive my malbec induced .memory loss but I remember Moyes best signings as really cheap or defenders.

He knew how to work Aldi and Lidl

Rather have Martinez back than Moyes or Big Sam. Looking back our players performed outrageously and threw in the towel!! Out of our last 3 managers Martinez at least got the club!!

Does Moyes deserve more respect for what he did during his time here?
Yes, he did marvels with a limited budget. Played better football than people care to remember, and the team was focused and united.

Should Moyes come back as manager? No. The club and the man have changed. And even Kendall was never the same when he came back. There are lists of managers that return and never reach the same heights.
That said I would rather we found a Moyes type manager again, than go for another five minute foreigner, with no loyalty to the club.

Don't waste a wish mate, I am right...think what you're saying here, Moyes mate, Moyes...'kin Moyes ffs, you know, Moyes, took the champions to 7th...went to Spain and bombed it like Guenica, got Sunderland relegated...are we talking about this one or do you know another one
*shakes head in slow sad fashion

I hate these no game weeks, brings out daft threads like a full moon brings out the green ink letter writers.
Moyes ffs

The OP seems like a wind up, and clearly Moyes is not the manager he was when he took over at Everton. Don't want him back and after the contempt he treated the club with, and the fans, shortly after getting his dream move means I am glad at how bad things turned out for him.

That said, there appears to be a complete rewriting of history from a lot of our supporters about the job he did because Moyes did an excellent job at this club. He took us from being relegation strugglers to European Contenders, and without much money either.

What is more bizarre is that some fans talk of how he was OK for getting us 7th-8th regularly as if it's just a given that we should finish there anyway as a minimum. 7th-8th ignores that he got us 5th twice, 6th twice, as well as our best league finish of 4th since 1988. We had only one top 6 finish between 1990 and the season he came in. Since he left we've struggled for consistency.

We're battling it out for 9th in one of the poorest Premier League's in History, we were 8 points off 6th and 14 off 5th last season and came 11th with 47 points in the 2 seasons before that. I'd much rather be watching the Everton under Moyes than this spineless group of players who represent us now, who not only struggle against the poorer sides of the league, but also get swept aside against the Top 6, at home as well as away.

He just wasn't good enough for a club of that stature mate. Moyes simply melted when put under far greater scrutiny.

I work with two Man Utd season ticket holders and they don't have a good word to say about him. Yes, he had a huge act to follow with stepping into Ferguson's shoes, but he just wasn't up to the job, and has followed it up with two more failures since.

He made the mistake of trying revolutionise the back team staff. And once having made that decision everything was difficult. Players questioned new methods given that many had only work, the media were on his back and idiots like Rio Ferdinand were openly undermining him (mainly because Rios days were numbered as a top rated footballer).
He made mistakes but he needed time to rebuild a squad and stamp some authority. He was never given that. And in fairness Man Utd prob couldn’t take the risk

The OP seems like a wind up, and clearly Moyes is not the manager he was when he took over at Everton. Don't want him back and after the contempt he treated the club with, and the fans, shortly after getting his dream move means I am glad at how bad things turned out for him.

That said, there appears to be a complete rewriting of history from a lot of our supporters about the job he did because Moyes did an excellent job at this club. He took us from being relegation strugglers to European Contenders, and without much money either.

What is more bizarre is that some fans talk of how he was OK for getting us 7th-8th regularly as if it's just a given that we should finish there anyway as a minimum. 7th-8th ignores that he got us 5th twice, 6th twice, as well as our best league finish of 4th since 1988. We had only one top 6 finish between 1990 and the season he came in. Since he left we've struggled for consistency.

We're battling it out for 9th in one of the poorest Premier League's in History, we were 8 points off 6th and 14 off 5th last season and came 11th with 47 points in the 2 seasons before that. I'd much rather be watching the Everton under Moyes than this spineless group of players who represent us now, who not only struggle against the poorer sides of the league, but also get swept aside against the Top 6, at home as well as away.
If it is a wind up then it falls under the - ask a silly question and you'll get a silly answer

Edit. Moyes coming back is silly, but with Kenwright still there...

Rather have Martinez back than Moyes or Big Sam. Looking back our players performed outrageously and threw in the towel!! Out of our last 3 managers Martinez at least got the club!!

We’d all be enjoying the bottom half of the table, getting hit for cricket scores at Anfield, and watching geriatric strikers on the wing. Sin Miedo though and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.