2017/18 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
This video edit guy seems to prove people that sam is wrong and added cenk's good side only. There is nothing about him effected by the weather,don't got the pace, came from a crap league and being a crap player by himself.
I watched all training videos in the official website and the rest of the training is all about these believe me.

Kev The Rat and Daveysgingerlovechild like this.

Football isnt simple as stats and it’s maybe poor on my behalf, but it’s looking like another Sandro situation.

Writing is on the wall. I’d be tempted not to play him if I was Sam and try flog him for 15Million in the summer to a Crystal Palace or a West Ham United.

That's the spirit. Buy players, don't give them a chance and sell them again blaming not being up to the task of getting battered every other game seemingly

And we wonder why we are so bad! We don't play talented players and the team is crap with a crap manager and therefore gave a crap team.

Hardly rocket science

Like it or not though Niasse scores goals.

Might be lucky or not meant or whatever but he's got the incredibly valuable habit of getting his name on the scoresheet.

Tosun doesn't appear to have that nack although he seems to enjoy running round looking like he's trying.

No way I'd drop Niasse at the moment.

As soon as we get to 40 points I'd drop Niasse and start Tosun in every game

If we get to the end of this season, having not given Tosun any kind of real opportunity at all, it'll be the latest in a long list of failures and missed opportunities the club can lay claim to this season

Think the comparisons with Sandro are very unfair - Sandro, to me, looked like he was never going to adapt here. The most unintelligent movement I can remember seeing from a forward player, everything about him I found thoroughly unimpressive, on the evidence we had.

As far as Tosun goes, I thought he did very well on his debut, was very encouraged until he ran out of steam. In his next game against West Brom (?) he didn't play particularly well but he barely got a touch in the final third during the first half when we were abject as a team and then he again ran out of steam after about an hour.

And that's it, that's all we've got to go on. His fitness levels clearly aren't at the 90 min stage, but we've had one performance where most of those who watched would agree he was impressive, one anonymous/unimpressive performance and no other evidence to go from.

I get that Niasse is being trusted more currently and despite me not being a fan of his at all, his last performance was his best in a blue shirt IMO, he actually played alright in the build up which is my main gripe about him. But - nobody is going to convince me that he isn't very limited, and as soon as we're safe, I'd much rather give the much-needed game time to Tosun.

For the record Niasse should be first choice in this team. Be arsed with the who is the better striker argument, Niasse has earned his place and as long as he performs he should stay there.

My argument personally for Tosun is to get 25 minutes a game at least and be able to do something.

That's the spirit. Buy players, don't give them a chance and sell them again blaming not being up to the task of getting battered every other game seemingly

And we wonder why we are so bad! We don't play talented players and the team is crap with a crap manager and therefore gave a crap team.

Hardly rocket science

Why not buy quality players? instead of the Keanes Tosun Martina Mangala’s of this world... Thats not rocket science either

Why not buy quality players? instead of the Keanes Tosun Martina Mangala’s of this world... Thats not rocket science either
Because quality players rarely want to join clubs that have those sorts of players with zero ambition mate. Walcott is the new lukaku (I.e a player miles better than anyone else at the club) and it takes us 4 years at least to sign them.

Look I have belated on about us scouting early 20 somethings with talent and developing a squad that way as signing the finished articles so to speak is a terrible idea. Siggurdson alone would have been a top signing on paper, but combined with vlasic Rooney and klassen at the same time, diluted the impact and importance of him coming to the club.

But yeah, I agree somewhat in the sense of us buying talent before they are worth silly money and starting from that point rather than hoping a bunch of mercenaries can form a succesful team under a relegation battle manager

Because quality players rarely want to join clubs that have those sorts of players with zero ambition mate. Walcott is the new lukaku (I.e a player miles better than anyone else at the club) and it takes us 4 years at least to sign them.

Look I have belated on about us scouting early 20 somethings with talent and developing a squad that way as signing the finished articles so to speak is a terrible idea. Siggurdson alone would have been a top signing on paper, but combined with vlasic Rooney and klassen at the same time, diluted the impact and importance of him coming to the club.

But yeah, I agree somewhat in the sense of us buying talent before they are worth silly money and starting from that point rather than hoping a bunch of mercenaries can form a succesful team under a relegation battle manager

Very good points, but for every Walcott there is more United Spurs City rejects that will never help us win a FA cup. Everton shouldn’t be seen as a club Manchester united offload their bottom half junk at... I think it’s a positive to write off players so early as seen in Tosun’s case as the quicker they’re offloaded more chance of quality players coming in..

Booing of Schniderfraud is justified, quicker we get players like that out the door the better.

I’d advocate writing Tosun off to, like Sandro he will never be good enough.

The fact that a 18 year old on football simulation game can see quality players and our scouts/ manager can’t Is another story!!

Status
Not open for further replies.