Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive had some time to think. I really don’t like Sam, and I think we should get rid...but considering how unbalanced the squad is and how poor our defensive options are, if Sam does get 7th it’s a pretty good job done and he should get some credit for that and a pat on the back from the club. At the same time, we should move on regardless of where we end up. He can’t be the future anywhere.

How is he a good manager? Based on what? Winning 8 games at Watford? That the best we can do?

We need someone we know is a good manager, not another punt, this will be the 4th manager since Moyes, and the other 3 have all been terrible, we need to stop messing about and actually think about this long term, if we go for someone bang average and have the sack him after a year our brand is going to be so damaged we will find it even harder to get a good manager

So far mate, in the same period of time united have had as many managers, it's never easy switching from a long term manager for clubs, arsenal will have similar post Wenger.

Is Silva the right man, who knows, three things he is though is young, ambitious, and with a point to prove. Three things the last two appointments lacked.

Yeah and taken one side down and been sacked by another, ask yourself this would any other top 7 side want him?

Winning stuff in those leagues isnt a major deal, besides have a look at how much Koeman won as a manager, impressive list pehaps but it dosent always tell the big picture as we found out

Strong rumours that Chelsea may want him actually mate, so yup.

Klopp went down with Mainz, Tuchel got sacked by Dortmund.

Most managers have a blip on their CV, Fonseca for example got sacked by Porto. Ancellotti been sacked by at least two clubs in his career. Wenger was managing in Japan, it's all about finding a manager that suits the club

Last edited:

Most managers have a blip on their CV, Fonseca for example got sacked by Porto. Ancellotti been sacked by at least two clubs in his career. Wenger was managing in Japan, it's all about finding a manager that suits the club

"Rumours" that Chelsea might want him as "caretaker". And they're not even strong rumours, they're very vague, probably completely fabricated by click bait journalists.

It's not that Silva has a blip on his CV that's the issue, it's that he doesn't have anything impressive on there.

I think the spanish waiter got relegated early in his career also and im not to sure but i think maybe jose did too

I think the spanish waiter got relegated early in his career also and im not to sure but i think maybe jose did too

It means nothing long as they learn from it, Silva IMO is a good manager whose going to become very good over the next five years.

Same with Fonseca, both amongst the new wave of young attack minded modern managers and would be happy with either, Fonseca has the benefit of a clean slate with the media, because they will have knives out for Silva given what happened with us this year should we hire him.

"Rumours" that Chelsea might want him as "caretaker". And they're not even strong rumours, they're very vague, probably completely fabricated by click bait journalists.

It's not that Silva has a blip on his CV that's the issue, it's that he doesn't have anything impressive on there.

I'd say his time either side of the sporting job are both impressive mate, ultimately he did ok at sporting too, did as good as could be hoped for at hull, and Watford is a huge grey area as we deffo muddied those waters with our interest.

Good hiring imo, not the best but far from the worst.

Ive had some time to think. I really don’t like Sam, and I think we should get rid...but considering how unbalanced the squad is and how poor our defensive options are, if Sam does get 7th it’s a pretty good job done and he should get some credit for that and a pat on the back from the club. At the same time, we should move on regardless of where we end up. He can’t be the future anywhere.

think you are over egging how bad we are

pickford keane coleman Holgate are all good players ( keane hasn't shown it this season to be fair ) there are a lot worse teams at the back than us, we just set up all wrong and concede stupid goals

unbalanced? I'd say signing Walcott has made us a lot more balanced, were unbalanced when he started playing 5 at the back and 3cdms etc

I'd say his time either side of the sporting job are both impressive mate, ultimately he did ok at sporting too, did as good as could be hoped for at hull, and Watford is a huge grey area as we deffo muddied those waters with our interest.

Good hiring imo, not the best but far from the worst.

Winning the league with Olympiakos doesn't impress me tbh, I wouldn't call Brendan Rodgers a good manager based on his Celtic success. And I don't think he did as well as he could've hoped for at Hull, because survival was in their hands with 3 games to go until they lost at home to already relegated Sunderland.

Winning the league with Olympiakos doesn't impress me tbh, I wouldn't call Brendan Rodgers a good manager based on his Celtic success. And I don't think he did as well as he could've hoped for at Hull, because survival was in their hands with 3 games to go until they lost at home to already relegated Sunderland.

So!!! You won the league with Olimpiyakos...........................................

upload_2018-2-13_10-7-46.jpeg

Get in the bin with your "he's done alright" shouts.

He's done grand considering the mess we were in. But we know where it leads, and he's hardly here for the long term. The Lookman debacle, the drubbing by Arsenal and Schneiderlin's continued existence are big blots on his copybook, but he has otherwise steadied us.

I would like to see Big Fat Sam give up management for Lent. Right after he eats a big pancake smothered in gravy today.

I presume that he won't go, until his replacement is ready to take over (more of a hope than an expectation after the lengthy debacle over Big Fat Scam's appointment) - so this will mean Summer at the earliest, unless it is someone like Silva who is free now. As soon as this season is safe and if the hint of Europe is gone, then I hope we would jettison him if the replacement is around. If not, I really don't see the point of sacking him, even though it means boring the pants of me for one, the big gravy guzzling dullard. Unless, they wanted to have a look at Unsworth or Ferguson or someone else in the club as an interim measure, to see what they are made of for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.