Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good manager. The Watford collapse was defo due to the Everton enquiry.

Im amazed people refuse to get their heads around this.

Going to be hard getting players to play for you when you clearly want out - also, i know a few of the Watford players were potentially thinking about moving here with Silva as well.

Yeah and taken one side down and been sacked by another, ask yourself this would any other top 7 side want him?

Winning stuff in those leagues isnt a major deal, besides have a look at how much Koeman won as a manager, impressive list pehaps but it dosent always tell the big picture as we found out

Hull were basically done when he took over, its amazing how he even managed to give them a chance of staying up. As stated previously, binned by Watford because our interest messed with his & multiple Watford players' heads.

I understand the disruptive effect the Silva speculation had on the players there, and think he is odds on to be our next manager, but I would have liked him to have found something extra from somewhere and not let the season nosedive like it did for them.

There are too many get outs and excuses in the game these days.

Stand up in adversity and deliver something. He could have got his move in the summer anyway.

Just seen his quote regarding the Schneiderlin booing and I can't say I'm shocked that he has put it all on the back of the player rather than acknowledging that it also could have been a response to his choice of substitution.

“What it says is that for whatever reason they think he should be doing better,” said Allardyce. “He had to replace Gana [Gueye] who was feeling an injury, and we had already had two players off injured. It is very important that players in the squad are supported really.

I understand the disruptive effect the Silva speculation had on the players there, and think he is odds on to be our next manager, but I would have liked him to have found something extra from somewhere and not let the season nosedive like it did for them.

There are too many get outs and excuses in the game these days.

Stand up in adversity and deliver something. He could have got his move in the summer anyway.

Worrying when you consider the surrender monkey nature of our squad too. First sign of instability they stop playing completely.

Yeah and taken one side down and been sacked by another, ask yourself this would any other top 7 side want him?

Winning stuff in those leagues isnt a major deal, besides have a look at how much Koeman won as a manager, impressive list pehaps but it dosent always tell the big picture as we found out
Chelsea are reportedly showing interest in him?

As soon as that final whistle goes against West Ham.

2eb.gif

Sam was given the job to keep us up - if he does that then job done.
The bigger picture is why the club has allowed the situation to deteriorate to the point that we hired Sam in the first place.
Instead of playing reality Football Manager at all levels of the club off the pitch we need to get back to basics which is a winners mindset backed up by an achievable football and comercial plan, smart player investment , flawless execution and leadership to achieve success.

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

How is he a good manager? Based on what? Winning 8 games at Watford? That the best we can do?

He's a good coach of players individually and collectively, the turnaround at Hull was very good given the circumstances and his work at Watford very good also.

Matching him with Allardyce I think they have very similar ppg during his time in England in which he's new to the league and has had worse squads at his disposal.

Saw this earlier.....

To even think about going for Silva would be bizarre altogether, i could understand towards the end of the Koeman period, when we were desperate for a quick change and the flavor of the month was an easy option, but if we go for him now we really have to worry about the vision we have for the future, this alone will reflect how short sighted we are
I'm not saying I want Silva per se, but why would it be a short sighted move?

If anything it would suggest we might be 'thinking outside the box' for once, bringing in somebody who we think actually fits with what we're trying to achieve and has the skillset we're looking for, even though their recent CV doesn't look as impressive.

Hull were basically done when he took over, its amazing how he even managed to give them a chance of staying up. As stated previously, binned by Watford because our interest messed with his & multiple Watford players' heads.

See that in itself says a lot about him, mentally weak. We all know how the media cant resist linking Evertonions with other clubs, lets say he comes in the summer, and we go on a great run, and Wenger goes next winter, he will be the first name linked, what happens then, we do a Watford and the results dry up because the manager cant focus himself.
Just far to many negatives with this guy to even think about replacing Sam with him, yes i know Sam has negatives as well, but when he goes we have to get the right man, not take another chance

Status
Not open for further replies.