Is Sam that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear me out

8 games played against sides outside the top 6, Won 5, 2 draws and 1 loss

So basically we have picked up 17 points out of 24 out of games we would expect to win, whichever way you spin that it's a very good return

Now obviously we've been shocking against the top 6 sides but this is nothing new and goes back years

Does he deserve a second season?

The day I give an Everton manager a free pass for performances and results like the last two in North London because there are six sides, or any amount of sides for that matter, we dare not try to win against is the day I pack it all in.

I think his old school style and no nonsense approach has shed a bad light on him, I know ive been fuming at him at times

Thing is the players seem to really like him and we have defo improved since he arrived

Its really not though mate

Rooney, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Coleman, Pickford and Gueye would moonwalk into pretty much every side below us in the division. Even Baines at his age could get into most of their teams. Klaassen, Sandro, Tosun etc are clearly talented players, but we haven't got anywhere near what we should have out of them because the management has been abysmal.

I think his old school style and no nonsense approach has shed a bad light on him, I know ive been fuming at him at times

Thing is the players seem to really like him and we have defo improved since he arrived
I just think the game has moved on in the last few years quite dramatically and these sort of managers are outdated now.

Rooney, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Coleman, Pickford and Gueye would moonwalk into pretty much every side below us in the division. Even Baines at his age could get into most of their teams. Klaassen, Sandro, Tosun etc are clearly talented players, but we haven't got anywhere near what we should have out of them because the management has been abysmal.

So because they'd get in the west brom/stoke/swansea side there quality?

Love blues banging on about Klassen/Tosan/Sandro like we've benched Messi and Ronaldo

He is not what we need to move forward. Club needs a complete overhaul in the summer. If we are content with mid table mediocrity he's fine but the money we've spent so far suggests we want more. I think he's done the job he was asked to do but some of his team selections have been poor and his comments are embarrassing. Move him on at season and already have someone lined up and ready.

Hear me out

8 games played against sides outside the top 6, Won 5, 2 draws and 1 loss

So basically we have picked up 17 points out of 24 out of games we would expect to win, whichever way you spin that it's a very good return

Now obviously we've been shocking against the top 6 sides but this is nothing new and goes back years

Does he deserve a second season?

He doesn't deserve a second season. He deserves a colonoscopy without lubricant. He can have the three million quid in salary and other couple of million in compensation he'll get when we sack him and that's it.

He was a panic appointment by an ill-prepared board sweating at the prospect of relegation. He'll keep us somewhere between 8-10th, make it seem like he's achieved a miracle, and continue to delude a few people into thinking he's some kind of stoic pragmatist when, in reality, he'll always be an average coach who serves up trash on the football pitch and a bucket of gravy on the dinner table.

Status
Not open for further replies.