Is Sam that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear me out

8 games played against sides outside the top 6, Won 5, 2 draws and 1 loss

So basically we have picked up 17 points out of 24 out of games we would expect to win, whichever way you spin that it's a very good return

Now obviously we've been shocking against the top 6 sides but this is nothing new and goes back years

Does he deserve a second season?
Never thought he was that bad.

She just isn't very good either. If all we are looking for is a top half finish Sam is the man but frankly given time I doubt that will sell out Goodison nevermind a new stadium.

We haven’t been anything close to decent against anyone. We are horrible to watch.

oh god. this again

so we have been awful today then? what about Leicester, or Huddersfield at home, Or the RS in the cup, What about Swansea

You telling me we've been terrible in all of those wins

Don't let your dislike of the man get in the way of him vastly improving our performances

oh god. this again

so we have been awful today then? what about Leicester, or Huddersfield at home, Or the RS in the cup, What about Swansea

You telling me we've been terrible in all of those wins

Don't let your dislike of the man get in the way of him vastly improving our performances

We lost

He's an average premier league manager. Interchangeable with Moyes or Koeman in my opinion. Pragmatic, can get a team to a certain level, makes infuriating choices etc. Sam just has more of a rep prior to joining us than the other pair.

He's pie, chips and gravy. We're after something sexier like
Aberdeenshire Beef Cheek and Bavette, shallot, charcoal emulsion, salsify, and nasturtiums.

Hear me out

So basically we have picked up 17 points out of 24 out of games we would expect to win, whichever way you spin that it's a very good return

Now obviously we've been shocking against the top 6 sides but this is nothing new and goes back years

No he's not that bad, he plans the games we can win and makes sure we do.

Boring as hell in the games he writes off though, and therefore is not suitable for an ambitious sleeping (comatose?) giant.

Thank him for keeping us up at the end of the season and move on.

No, it's the players that matter. If Sam managed MC they'd still be top of the table, and if Pep was here we'd still be just about where we are now. I think a totally incompetent manager can make a team worse, but beyond that I doubt it makes much of a difference.

If we get 7th and fire Sam anyway it could make it harder to get the next guy, as they'd be thinking, "what do you have to do to keep that job?"

Hear me out

giphy.gif

No he's not that bad, he plans the games we can win and makes sure we do.

Boring as hell in the games he writes off though, and therefore is not suitable for an ambitious sleeping (comatose?) giant.

Thank him for keeping us up at the end of the season and move on.

would he do that if he was here from the start though, his main objective was to stop the rot and get points on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.