2017/18 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
They retired when their contracts expired though. Think Baines may have another couple of years on his. Jags had his extended by a year fairly recently too.

These pkayers are on good money which they probably wont get elswhere.

Our best hope is that they put game time over cash and leave to extend their careers. Otherwise I can see another Osman/Hibbert where they became almost hate figures. Which will be a shame as both have been key figures for us over the years.

Cant blame them for seeing out their contracts btw. You and I would do the same in their shoes.

Osman was hated when he even played for us. Osman/Hibbert are treated appallingly by our fans, it’s the main reason I don’t blame Barkley for not choosing to spend his whole career here.

Osman was hated when he even played for us. Osman/Hibbert are treated appallingly by our fans, it’s the main reason I don’t blame Barkley for not choosing to spend his whole career here.
That's not really true mate. Osman and Hibbert were hated by some on here but not most of the match going fans. Both of them would be a massive upgrade to what we've seen for the majority of this season

The only difference being Hibbert and Osman still put in a shift regardless how they were treated by fans.

Cancel your contract Leighton and stop leaching off this great club. You’re utterly useless now. How he’s been allowed to stay for o long says everything you need to know about the club.

Get out.

Cancel your contract Leighton and stop leaching off this great club. You’re utterly useless now. How he’s been allowed to stay for o long says everything you need to know about the club.

Get out.
He’s not been what he was by a long shot since his injury stopped him hitting a free kick properly four or so years ago but he’s still a decent premier league left back and we’re a team who has been left playing Martina without him...
He also could’ve easily left us or kicked up a fuss when we didn’t let him leave when Moyes went after him because he was our best playing for years but he actually showed us loyalty in a world when players like Mahrez goes awol. Loyalty works both ways, look at Seamus and his comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.