2017/18 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we should look after him when he is surplus to requirements? That isn’t how football works. He is paid handsomely to play for us. The man is 33 years old and getting injury after injury, he should bow out with a bit of dignity.

Everton are a club that has always kept players well past their sell by date.
I agree we should not renew his contract again. But nothing we can do if je opts to see out this one.

I agree we should not renew his contract again. But nothing we can do if je opts to see out this one.
I’m just hoping he follows suit with the likes of Terry, who dropped down a division of G.Neville, Carragher, etc who realised they weren’t up to the task and retired.

We still had leeches like Osman and Hibbert expecting new deals. That’s how much they thought of us as mugs.

I’m just hoping he follows suit with the likes of Terry, who dropped down a division of G.Neville, Carragher, etc who realised they weren’t up to the task and retired.

We still had leeches like Osman and Hibbert expecting new deals. That’s how much they thought of us as mugs.
They retired when their contracts expired though. Think Baines may have another couple of years on his. Jags had his extended by a year fairly recently too.

These pkayers are on good money which they probably wont get elswhere.

Our best hope is that they put game time over cash and leave to extend their careers. Otherwise I can see another Osman/Hibbert where they became almost hate figures. Which will be a shame as both have been key figures for us over the years.

Cant blame them for seeing out their contracts btw. You and I would do the same in their shoes.

So we should look after him when he is surplus to requirements? That isn’t how football works. He is paid handsomely to play for us. The man is 33 years old and getting injury after injury, he should bow out with a bit of dignity.

So working on that principle you would have no issue in Ross leaving and Rooney leaving as they did because as a club we are no better then. If the club took your attitude going forward all players would leave at the first given oppotunity as they know Everton would cast you aside as soon as they see fit. I bet your the type that cursed stones, lescott, Rooney, and Ross for showing no loyalty yet infact you want the club to behave in exactly the same way. Also he has a contract why should he just retire.? Given how carp Martina is retirement is the last think we should want him to do.

Not having this whatsoever. If I started under performing at my job I'd be shown the door by my boss. You look around society, people with families to feed are kicked to the curb as soon as they become surplus to requirements and you're worried about a multi million pound footballer?

It's this exact attitude which has turned us into a mediocre club. Jobs for the boys with the likes of Tony Hibbert staying 5 years beyond he is sell by date.

Which is fine and I do understand the point if view, however I imagine then you have no issue in Ross leaving or Rooney as they are just looking out for themselves. So if Everton shouldn't show loyalty then you cant blame the players then for not doing the same can you. Also he is still a good left back you when he is not injured

Which is fine and I do understand the point if view, however I imagine then you have no issue in Ross leaving or Rooney as they are just looking out for themselves. So if Everton shouldn't show loyalty then you cant blame the players then for not doing the same can you. Also he is still a good left back you when he is not injured

I don't have any issue with them leaving. We're a joke.

And Everton has always been one of very few clubs on this level with its soul intact.
#signhimforlife

Status
Not open for further replies.