2017/18 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not been what he was by a long shot since his injury stopped him hitting a free kick properly four or so years ago but he’s still a decent premier league left back and we’re a team who has been left playing Martina without him...
He also could’ve easily left us or kicked up a fuss when we didn’t let him leave when Moyes went after him because he was our best playing for years but he actually showed us loyalty in a world when players like Mahrez goes awol. Loyalty works both ways, look at Seamus and his comeback.
100% correct, might not be be as good as he was but fans turning on him he doesn't deserve that, they should go over to the Schneiderlin post to do that, if Baines is fit and playing he will be doing ok there's a lot bigger problems to fix. But perhaps they are happy with Martina at LB.

You sure it was Baines who got the date wrong and not the Manc Echo Dave?
Others on the forum were there last night, so they may clarify. If (and he probably has) said that it makes him look a bit of a fool. So desperate is he to blank out the managerial regime who didn't find him all that he's prepared to blank out the whole period and give it nothing. Bitter bell.

I think you will find he will still be here next season, whether he should be or not is another question. But at the moment him coming back solves a very big problem.

That all depends how fit he is. Before being injured it was clear his legs had gone and his pace. One of the last games he played before injury, I recall he ran up the wing but could only walk back!

Others on the forum were there last night, so they may clarify. If (and he probably has) said that it makes him look a bit of a fool. So desperate is he to blank out the managerial regime who didn't find him all that he's prepared to blank out the whole period and give it nothing. Bitter bell.

Or yanno, a simple mistake? And not a calculated insult to Roberto. Let it go ffs.

Or yanno, a simple mistake? And not a calculated insult to Roberto. Let it go ffs.

Some mistake to make! He's recalling the best two goals he ever scored according to himself and he conjures up some fantasy discussion with Steve Round that inspires him...forgetting, in his haste to give credit to anyone but RM, that the feller was hundreds of miles away!

Lol.

I think it's "One of us" who should drop it, dont you?

Some mistake to make! He's recalling the best two goals he ever scored according to himself and he conjures up some fantasy discussion with Steve Round that inspires him...forgetting, in his haste to give credit to anyone but RM, that the feller was hundreds of miles away!

Lol.

I think it's "One of us" who should drop it, dont you?

Maybe he confused him with that other dullard, Graeme Jones?

Maybe this is a properly silly thing to get worked up about?

Maybe he confused him with that other dullard, Graeme Jones?

Maybe this is a properly silly thing to get worked up about?
Well, I disagree. It possibly brings into question his motives in seasons gone by when he stood tall and led the fight to chase football played on the deck out of the club

I understand his bitterness. If the manager back then just saw him as one of three LBs who got to play and refused, as other managers had, to genuflect to his debatable talent to do a job at LB, I can see how that bend him out of shape.

Well, I disagree. It possibly brings into question his motives in seasons gone by when he stood tall and led the fight to chase football played on the deck out of the club

I understand his bitterness. If the manager back then just saw him as one of three LBs who got to play and refused, as other managers had, to genuflect to his debatable talent to do a job at LB, I can see how that bend him out of shape.

I remain baffled by yours.

Why would he consult Steve Round for a game he was playing against WHU?

The feller was caught out.

Because they'll be friends.

Coaches talk to coaches, players talk to players. It happens all the time at every level.

I remain baffled by yours.

stream_img.jpg

roberto-martinez-everton-leighton-baines_3445951.jpg

Because they'll be friends.

Coaches talk to coaches, players talk to players. It happens all the time at every level.
Well IF that is the explanation (and I highly doubt it) then that is just Baines' bitterness coming out - underlining that he sought the advice of a coach not at the club.

Laughing here though: imagine seeking out Steve Round for football advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.