Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
29 in 6 weeks, how many out and out pacy wide players do you see in the Premiership past this age. Not very many. Another £20 million that we won’t get back to spend on other players. A short term signing to benefit a short term manager.

Money is not an issue anymore. Don't worry about it.

He should have 4 years or so in him, nothing short term about that.

Walcott certainly is an improvement on what we have but for me it’s the type of signing you make to chase the 7th place trophy again.

You don’t generally make progress taking unwanted players in this age bracket from clubs that you regard as your peers.

Just one too many players in this late 20s age group IMO. Each signing is pivotal and you almost start again each time. The impact of two excellent signings in succession can be monumental.

It just seems we are fumbling in the dark at present with no overall strategy other than to get to the end of the season.

It certainly lends credence to the argument that Allardyce knows his stay will be short-lived and is prioritising accordingly.

We could continue to spend our money on potential and potentially never improve.

We are buying a known quantity, with experience in this league, with qualities we lack, for £20m. £20m is not what it used to be.

He is 28, so at an age that most would consider a peak age for someone in that position. And OK, we might only get 3-4 years out of him, but at this point in time, we need short term improvements to help us out now. Any long term potential signings will do us no favours in our current position.

Its like people want us to sign young, proven, players, with lots of experience, especially in the Champions League, a competition we've never played in. They need to be exciting, unknown players from abroad, that are house hold names and have premier league experience so they don't need any time to adapt. But they can only be from teams that are currently better than us, and only if they are currently 1st choice for said teams. And we should pay as little as we can for them, so we get maximum value, but spend as much as we can on them to show that we have ambition.

Ok...

Last edited:

He also isnt a very good footballer
Yeah. I love him for the effort he plays with, but he's certainly limited. Think he can be of use coming on late in a game when other team is tired and more susceptible to his hassling and harrying... but multiple managers now haven't rated him, and understandably so.

Exciting transfer for me, but I don't know that it's needed considering we're not in a place to achieve Europa or champions league.

I hope this turns out well but I can't help but think we should give more minutes to vlasic and lookman to see what we have in those two youngsters

Money is not an issue anymore. Don't worry about it.

He should have 4 years or so in him, nothing short term about that.
Money is always an issue unless you’re Man City and I’ve seen nothing to date that says money isn’t an issue for us. Please name me out and out pacy wide men who are playing in the Premier League regularly past 30.

We could continue to spend our money on potential and potentially never improve.

We are buying a known quantity, with experience in this league, with qualities we lack, for £20m. £20m is not what it used to be.

He is 28, so at an age that most would consider a peak age for someone in that position. And OK, we might only get 3-4 years out of him, but at this point in time, we need short term improvements to help us out now. Any long term potential signings will do us no favours in our current position.

Its like people want us to sign young, proven, players, with lots of experience, especially in the Champions League, a competition we've never played in. They need to be exciting, unknown players from abroad, that are house hold names and have premier league experience so they don't need any time to adapt. But they can only be from teams that are currently better than us, and only if they are currently 1st choice for said teams. And we should pay as little as we can for them, so we get maximum value, but spend as much as we can on them to show that we have ambition.

Ok...
28 just about to be 29 is not peak years for pacy wide players, generally 25/26 is. I think he’s got 12-18 months max at anywhere approaching his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.