Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walcott certainly is an improvement on what we have but for me it’s the type of signing you make to chase the 7th place trophy again.

You don’t generally make progress taking unwanted players in this age bracket from clubs that you regard as your peers.

Just one too many players in this late 20s age group IMO. Each signing is pivotal and you almost start again each time. The impact of two excellent signings in succession can be monumental.

It just seems we are fumbling in the dark at present with no overall strategy other than to get to the end of the season.

It certainly lends credence to the argument that Allardyce knows his stay will be short-lived and is prioritising accordingly.

Haha, I definitely reckon there'll be a few over at Arsenal Fan TV who'd have a lot to say about that.

We shall see I guess. I can only say I hope you're right and it's not another £20m pissed away.

To be fair mate, none of us know for sure. Not even Walsh and Allardyce. He might hit the ground running and be ace or just be yet another piss poor flop. But if he's coming here then he gets my backing from the off.

Walcott certainly is an improvement on what we have but for me it’s the type of signing you make to chase the 7th place trophy again.

You don’t generally make progress taking unwanted players in this age bracket from clubs that you regard as your peers.

Just one too many players in this late 20s age group IMO. Each signing is pivotal and you almost start again each time. The impact of two excellent signings in succession can be monumental.

It just seems we are fumbling in the dark at present with no overall strategy other than to get to the end of the season.

It certainly lends credence to the argument that Allardyce knows his stay will be short-lived and is prioritising accordingly.

I think Allardyce is making these kind of signings to ensure his stay isn't short lived, rather than because he knows he won't be here long.

Status
Not open for further replies.