General Meeting 09.01.2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from the meeting, and it's nice to see that GOT hasn't lost it's touch, and is managing to twist it's knickers round it's ankles over not an awful lot !

To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything massively interesting to happen, and, apart from Mosh's voodoo comment ( I actually turned to the lad I was with and said "did he say what I think he said ?" ), it was pretty much what I expected. Anyone who expected stadium designs to be shown tonight was being a bit naive. I don't think we'll see anything on those until the finances are in place, simply because if the total finances can't be raised, then the design may well have to be scaled back.

Ignoring the daft voodoo comment ( for which he'll likely have to apologise for soon ), The Mosh has gone up in my estimation though. I mean, you have to take into account that English isn't his first language, but he's delightfully bonkers. We might end up failing under him, but it'll be a damned sight more fun than slowly wasting away under Kenwright !
Yes mate, I think that's the usual chain of events: you have to have all your money in place before you release a design for a build.

Unreal.

Comments about the new relationship and new friends at the Echo made me cringe as well, fully expect them to be this years version of Jim White, expect a lot of stories to appear there from now on.

His trusted journos are now gonna be working for a red rag hardly any blue reads in the city...
He want have to work hard to get those semi literate, half wit pushovers onside.

Ignoring the daft voodoo comment ( for which he'll likely have to apologise for soon ), The Mosh has gone up in my estimation though. I mean, you have to take into account that English isn't his first language, but he's delightfully bonkers. We might end up failing under him, but it'll be a damned sight more fun than slowly wasting away under Kenwright !

I mean that is technically true - but he moved to the UK in 1979 and went to school/uni here.

I feel like I have more questions than answers after tonight. Literally sitting here completely bemused by some of the stuff I’ve read. But let’s be honest, we used to get really angry at the club for being a ‘closed book’ but we certainly can’t accuse them of that anymore.

Main thing for me was Bill proudly boasting how involved he is in transfer negotiations ffs

Anyway, overall positive.

Still have a lot of questions though, as you said.

One thing I am not doubting is the progress on the stadium. I know we are making big strides in that and it has been proved tonight.

On the pitch atm, it's a different issue.

By all accounts it did. It's just the same whinging minority on here who have to try and find fault in everything that is Everton.

I actually thought it was quite refreshing to see some honesty & personality in the answers provided

Agree with you mate, but you have to admit Mosh is a bit mad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.