Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's also one of a red openly racially abusing Holgate directly. Mersey police are investigating. But it's not deserving of a link so I'm not going to.

Cretins.

Hahaha that's a fantastic read, the comments where he's justifying why a push is worse than racism is just amazing
He's linking the push to man's historical violence and genocide ffs

Watching a few different angles of it, after the son of a bitch comment, he 100% then says something else, camera shows it side on, also Rooney drags Kenny away near the end - covers his mouth as does Kenny when obviously talking about what Holgate said etc, so guess is that Kenny heard what was said etc, interesting if it was just a misunderstanding or if he did do a Suarez here

I think everyone agrees Holgate should have been booked. I don’t think it was any worse than that, they only want a red as he went over the hoardings, that push in the middle of the pitch wouldn’t have looked any where near as bad.

But to respond with racism says a lot about a person, doesn’t matter how angry you are. There’s a lot of other words you can use that aren’t racist. Racism needs punished regardless of the situation. And the fact they are supporting him, like they did with Suarez, says a lot about them as fans and as a club.

Horrible club, horrible players, horrible fans.

Can anyone really doubt that this nobhead called Holgate a N*****?

PL players know all the terminology that foreign players use. There's no way this was just the puto thing. Holgate clearly gets agitated well after the puto word comes out of that filthy diseased gob of Firmino, as does Kenny.

I love the reds going back 5 years to get him in trouble at the very first sign of racism from their own.

It really is never their fault is it? - I have no clue what’s been said and can’t make out a word of it either but from the footage Holgate doesn’t react to the initial insults whatever it was. But to what we ( the spectators) couldn’t see.

It’s not like they haven’t got history with this behaviour and I honestly wish they as this supposed bastion of English football would stamp this culture out from the top down. But they are ripe with it.

Suarez didn't say n-###r and I doubt firmino did either since it's an English word. He said negro which isn't offensive in Uruguay, where I've spent a lot of time.
I completely agree that insulting someone using their race is unacceptable. It doesnt mean these foreign players understand that or think it as rascism. More a dig.
The Colombian player who made a slanty eye gesture at the south Korean during an international was bemused by the accusation.

Suarez didn't say n-###r and I doubt firmino did either since it's an English word. He said negro which isn't offensive in Uruguay, where I've spent a lot of time.
I completely agree that insulting someone using their race is unacceptable. It doesnt mean these foreign players understand that or think it as rascism. More a dig.
The Colombian player who made a slanty eye gesture at the south Korean during an international was bemused by the accusation.

It doesn't matter if it's not offensive in Uruguary or whatever; he's in England when he's said it. It's offensive and racism; it's a label based on skin colour.

As for Firmino, no doubt in my mind he's said it at the end of that tirade.

I love the reds going back 5 years to get him in trouble at the very first sign of racism from their own.

It really is never their fault is it? - I have no clue what’s been said and can’t make out a word of it either but from the footage Holgate doesn’t react to the initial insults whatever it was. But to what we ( the spectators) couldn’t see.

It’s not like they haven’t got history with this behaviour and I honestly wish they as this supposed bastion of English football would stamp this culture out from the top down. But they are ripe with it.
He's called him a N*****. There's no question in my mind.

Even that cess pit of a club are keeping their heads down and saying they'll cooperate with an inquiry.

The inquiry will sit and they'll clear Firmino for lack of conclusive evidence. It wont mean it wasn't said though.

That really does not matter. The incident happened in England which is not in Uruguay (Obviously..)

He had also lived in Europe for close to ten years.

From the camera angles it doesn't look like anything racist was said. In fact, nobody other than Holgate kicked off at it, which makes me think its much ado about nothing.

Hope Holgate only pushes this investigation forward if he is certain a racial term was used. Red or not, it's not nice to falsely accuse anyone of racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.