2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a local Everton lad that came through the system, and the amount of abuse (really personal stuff too, I mean just look at this thread currently r.e. "rat" comments....) is disgusting - makes me ashamed of being a blue sometimes tbh.

We as fans DO give our money and time to the club aye, but at the end of the day we have to draw a line and unfortunately we seem to think the clubs assets and resources are ours - we take on ownership and misguidedly get confused where the line is.

It's this type of behaviour that's led to the whoppers and beauts swearing their heads off and knocking this kid every time he picks the wrong pass or gets caught in possession - the irony is this kid is one of us, so we've essentially alienated one of us...

If I was Ross I'd be gone in a heartbeat, and next time I came to the old lady in a different shirt I'd score and kiss that shirts badge - of course, that would never happen like, would it...?
It's fairer to question his ability than it is to question his justification in leaving at this point. "HE'S HOMEGROWN HOW DARE HE LEAVE THIS WUNDERFUL CLUB SANDWICH"

Considering the abuse he has received from the fans (just look at this thread FFS), the horrendous coaching, the pressure of playing for your home club, the lack of investment, being ignored for national duties and the unpleasant nature of our fans in general (how they treated him when he came back from injury was unforgivable)...

It's fairer to question his ability than it is to question his justification in leaving at this point. "HE'S HOMEGROWN HOW DARE HE LEAVE THIS WUNDERFUL CLUB SANDWICH"

Considering the abuse he has received from the fans (just look at this thread FFS), the horrendous coaching, the pressure of playing for your home club, the lack of investment, being ignored for national duties and the unpleasant nature of our fans in general (how they treated him when he came back from injury was unforgivable)...

Very good points to be fair but he did no t exactly help himself much either. Prior to his injury last season were his performances outstanding and consistent?

He would fit right into the current spuds midfield ahead of dele average....but would they pay out in Jan for a player who is recovering still from what seems like a bad injury? Still think the best thing for him to do is sign the contract we offered him...
If you honestly think Barkley will get into the Spurs team ahead of Dele Ali then I’m sorry mate togger is not for you

Was mentioned by Sam last night as one of those to come back into the squad. Most positive thing that any manager has said this season about Ross staying. Anyhow struggle to see any club bidding for him without seeing him in action after his injury. He will likely go into Jan without a bid or contract on the table.

Sadly true.

Every club has it's share of morons, but I never heard of any other fans booing their team off at half time! And like you say, the abuse he takes. Who could blame him.

Sadly true.

Every club has it's share of morons, but I never heard of any other fans booing their team off at half time! And like you say, the abuse he takes. Who could blame him.
Do you watch any Italian or South American footy mate.

If they`ve played badly and all their getting is booed off at half time, I think they consider themselves lucky tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.