2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didnt beat Liverpool mate.

Dont get me wrong. That draw was very welcome as was our first away win in 12 months.

But my post was about the fact that we rarely if ever play good football without Barkley in the team. I was using our football this season as an example. You cant deny that the quality this season has been dreadful.

Under RK it was awful but go back to last season, there were many games where Barkley did not shine at all, he is not the be all and end all as you may infer. Still believe he will leave us.

Barkley can be a Beast a counter attacking side, which is what we are now. He doesn't fit as well in a possession based side because he still takes a little too long on the ball and his football IQ isn't on the level of rooney but he would be terrifying for r opponents in big Sam's system of getting it up the pitch quickly. He could play deeper and link defense to attack with the ball or be an outlet for long balls. He's all action and he'd be perfect for us right now.

Come on Roscoe see the light

Under RK it was awful but go back to last season, there were many games where Barkley did not shine at all, he is not the be all and end all as you may infer. Still believe he will leave us.
Im pretty certain hes gone too. And I agree he probably has as many bad games as he does good. But when he does play well then invariably so do Everton and usually we win. Without him in the team I cant remember the last time we played really well. Can you?

At some stage we need to replace Barkleys creativity in the team. We havent done that yet in my opinion.

Im pretty certain hes gone too. And I agree he probably has as many bad games as he does good. But when he does play well then invariably so do Everton and usually we win. Without him in the team I cant remember the last time we played really well. Can you?

At some stage we need to replace Barkleys creativity in the team. We havent done that yet in my opinion.

What I'm wondering though is: Are there even any singular creative players out there anymore, ones that can create danger out of nothing and all on their own?

Barkley's problem was often enough trying to play clever, risky, dangerous passes without anyone having the same idea, the courage to run into the channels. I think in accord with Rooney and Gylfi we'd see an improved Ross and he could learn some lessons from them as well. I don't see him lacking in footballing IQ tbh it's just that there weren't many teammates willing to take risks alonside him.

And yet the current league champions and Spurs a champions league team want to sign him.

Who should i believe? Conte or Pochettino or some random jilted fans on a forum????
Spurs also signed Sissoko for more than they will pay for Barkley.

And how much has he played for them? Point destroyed.

Seriously, do we not understand in this day that because a good club wants a player it doesnt mean they want them as a starter, but instead for league cups and as a backup? Its the same depth we wish we had. I think we would love to have the luxury of having Barkley as a backup at that position, our issue is not that we dont have a #2 in Barkley, its that we dont have a #1.

Him leaving on the cheap would be such an insult to the club after turning down Chelsea at £35m on deadline day.

Hope he can prove everyone wrong and stay.

He would fit right into the current spuds midfield ahead of dele average....but would they pay out in Jan for a player who is recovering still from what seems like a bad injury? Still think the best thing for him to do is sign the contract we offered him...

Can't say I'm at all happy with Barkleys stance, but some of the stuff being written about a player who could still have a big say in our season is embarrassing. I reckon 99% of the posters on here would run out of jizz in 1 minute flat if he did a u turn and signed a new contract. It would be worth it just to see the vaulting on here.
I'd happily take the vaulting as I'm still in favour of the horrible rat putting pen to paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.