Homepage Update: Everton v Swansea. Monday 18th December - 8.00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schneiderlin is a good player Joey. He actually played fine today.

Issue was him being in that position meant that Gueye is pretty much redundant, so we had one less attacking player.

Davies came on at the right time as his fresh legs did for their midfield.

However, we do have to be looking to do that more from the off in games such as this.
He passes the ball sideways , backwards and plods around not for me ok!

Just drop Snides!

It's not that simple.

Horses for courses.

Everyone was sloppy on the ball in the first half and then when the change happened we did improve - because Rooney was on the ball facing goal and Davies was making good runs.

Gueye was tasked with the Davies role in the first half and was crap. Schneiderlin actually did well mopping up but can't really play the box-to-box role.

In home games against teams like this, I agree he shouldn't be starting.

But away when we need to have a bit more control I have no issue with it.

He passes the ball sideways , backwards and plods around not for me ok!

He made more forward passes than anyone on the pitch tonight.

I'm not disagreeing with you in that he shouldn't have started tonight - I don't think he should.

But I can see the other side as to why we did and he didn't play badly. The system just wasn't working.

However, that's what using subs smartly is about.

As grim as the first half was, I enjoyed the second half. Better from Davies, better from Gueye. Better from Wayne, better from JJK, belter of a goal from Gylfi.

Wayne has to play centre midfield. It's obvious. And the minute Davies came on we were so much improved.

Excellent win. These types of games can be real stumbling blocks, so well please we got a result. Would've liked to have seen Sandro getting more minutes than he did. Also, Rooney needs to step down from taking the pens, my blood-pressure just can't take it.

My ratings:

Pickford - 6 - His distribution was pretty poor tbh, but he wasn't really tested either.
Kenny - 7 - Class again. Loved the scrap at the end. Good lad.
Holgate - 7 - See above.
Williams - 7 - Switched off a bit for their goal but he grew back into the game and he looks much better when he's the controlling defender.
Martina - 7 - Played really well tonight.
Gueye - 7 - Poor first half. Much improved in the second.
Schneiderlin - 6 - A bit too slow on the ball at times but wasn't awful. However, him being there meant Gueye had to play the box-to-box role.
Lennon - 6 - His end product was poor but was key to both penalties.
Rooney - 7 - Got so much better from 60 onwards. Crap first half.
Sigurdsson - 8 - Got better and better and what a goal. Stop doubting him, lids.
DCL - 7 - Worked tirelessly. Control was great. Good goal, should've got another at the end.

Davies - 7 - Helped change the game for us.
Sandro - 5 - N/A
Lookman - 6 - Showed flashes, did well.

Sam - 7

It's not that simple.

Horses for courses.

Everyone was sloppy on the ball in the first half and then when the change happened we did improve - because Rooney was on the ball facing goal and Davies was making good runs.

Gueye was tasked with the Davies role in the first half and was crap. Schneiderlin actually did well mopping up but can't really play the box-to-box role.

In home games against teams like this, I agree he shouldn't be starting.

But away when we need to have a bit more control I have no issue with it.
Why not even put him on the bench ?

I can't find the thread about relegation from recently. There was a lad telling me we were defo going down and I was daft for thinking otherwise in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.