Do u23 side need to exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEWSWEETTOFFEE

Player Valuation: £1m
Because i always read how pl2/u23 doesn't provide good enough competition, should that side exist anymore? we could sign the academy graduates and loan them to appropriate teams. just like chelsea do, but without pl2 side. if we need a player we could just recall them from loan.

so we would have about 25 players in first team and 30 on loans.

i dont think there should be second teams in england like in spain or germany and loaning players can help lower league teams.

Because i always read how pl2/u23 doesn't provide good enough competition, should that side exist anymore? we could sign the academy graduates and loan them to appropriate teams. just like chelsea do, but without pl2 side. if we need a player we could just recall them from loan.

i dont think there should be second teams in england like in spain or germany and loaning players can help lower league teams.

So every year the 20 Premiership teams would be loaning out around 20 players each, so thats 400 players every year that would need to find new homes, without anybody knowing anything about them due to them not playing U23 football and getting noticed?

Even if they could find new homes, most of them probably wouldnt play each week.

Whilst the U23 league isnt great, its a platform for these lads to get noticed and either push their way into the first team or get a loan somewhere.

But that way of having 2nd teams playing in 'proper' leagues does prove better competition. Problem is though, it would take a total league restructure in your leagues, and I don't think that would happen, there would be far too much opposition.

Loaning so many players seems really unrealistic, and it's hard to guarantee and control playing time that way too. What Chelsea are doing seems nuts to me to be honest, having about 20 players on loan each year. And then these players don't seem to end up breaking into the first team anyway, they just buy more first team ready players.

absolute shocker of a post this, on so many levels. you've had a nightmare mate

u23's togger is vital.

In the past 18 months alone we've had the following come from u23's

Kenny
Pennington
Davies
Baningeme
Calvert Lewin

Feeney in the last 2 EL squads, players getting a chsnce tomorrow plus the likes of Besic has used it for fitness, Niasse used it as a way to bag some goals and even McCarthy had a few minutes before tripping over his own hamstring

Walsh is back from Birmingham and that's not even taking into account we've got 6 good lads in Dowell, Robinson, Connelly, Pennington, Browining, Galloway ( im missing someone else but can't think who ) all learning some valuable lessons in competitive football but the u23 performances last season put them in the shop window

U23's is an invaluable tool in which to ease players into fully competitive games. It is a much higher standard than academy level. It is also my personal belief that it sorts the men from the boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.