Big Sam?

• Yes

Votes: 256 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 254 49.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Big Sam will do well for us. He took over at Bolton when they were Football League also-rans and eventually got them into the top 6 of the Premier League - on a shoestring budget. He also got a crap West Ham side into the top 8. And he kept Sunderland up against the odds 12 months before Moyes relegated them. And Crystal Palace, of course. He's also one of the most forward thinking managers in the country; he was one of the first to utilise sports science to get the best out of players.

All the RS fans on the radio are saying that he'll relegate us, but I don't think he will.

I think Big Sam will do well for us. He took over at Bolton when they were Football League also-rans and eventually got them into the top 6 of the Premier League - on a shoestring budget. He also got a crap West Ham side into the top 8. And he kept Sunderland up against the odds 12 months before Moyes relegated them. And Crystal Palace, of course. He's also one of the most forward thinking managers in the country; he was one of the first to utilise sports science to get the best out of players.

All the RS fans on the radio are saying that he'll relegate us, but I don't think he will.
Why are there RS fans on the radio talking about Everton?

I wouldn't touch Big Sam with a barge pole. The man was manager of your national team and he couldn't stop himself doing dodgy deals. He isn't the sort of person I want setting the agenda for Everton. It is another kick in the teeth, to think this man is the best we can now attract is shameful.

We need someone who knows the league, but more importantly knows how to instill fight into the players

I reluctantly agreed with him coming. Might be ugly footie at times but I'd see him as a far safer pair of hands than say AVB would be.

He's consistently got teams playing, and you could say deserves one last crack at a big club.

He certainly wouldn't stand for the kind of spineless performances we've had to endure recently

YOU have to be pooping me. 50% of the morons on here voted yes??
I am one of those “morons” mate because our club is knocking on the relegation door and these cowards of so called players will not respond to a more romantic choice of manager. They deserve Allardyce who, and make no mistake, will work them very hard and install a fight and organisation. Or we stay as we are with a caretaker out of his depth and more performances like yesterday.

Never know everton might be the team his talented has been waiting for whole of his career. He obviously has got something in his bag (england job)

He has balls and will smash Williams' grill into the wall if needed.

YESSSSSS FROM ME (if this happends that is x)

Thank goodness that Poll looks a bit less mad at this moment in time so more than half saying NO.

When I last looked there was about a 70/30 split for YES :Blink:

He comes to Everton and he'll set us back years in my opinion. Back to the glass ceilings, knife to a gunfight, hoofball style of play that we all hate. He'll completely waste the young talent coming through as their opportunities for development will just dry up. Crowds will drop just as we're designing out new stadium and we'll end up with a 50k seater at best. I'm predicting football Armageddon here plus there's no guarantee he'll keep us up this season anyway. Some of you are talking him up as some kind of Messiah. I tell you it is the worst appointment the club can possibly make.

He has one of the best records in keeping team in trouble up. You can deny that. Lets say we go with someone who has no experience at the dog fight. What happens then. We are an utter mess and all the above you mentioned wont matter. Let me tell you. We will not be investing in a new stadium if we go down. The money will not be there to do so. If we do have young talent they will be snapped up by premier teams. People need to realise staying up is the moat important thing ever in our history. To go down could mean going down for 20 years. Do we realise this or are people still thinking we bounce back up next season or 2. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.