Big Sam?

• Yes

Votes: 256 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 254 49.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a bad feeling he’s mugged us off here hence the dragging up of unrealistic and unobtainable names like fonseca to make it appear we’ve got options when in reality we’ve got Unsy to take us down.

Yes, there’s that.

Plus Sam would be well aware and in awe of our heritage and standing in the game.

This will not be a stepping stone for him.....this is the destination all his stepping stones thus far have been leading him to.

He will feel managing EFC is a privilege.

These are all plus points I will use to help reconcile myself to the fact that my Everton has appointed Sam Allardyce as manager, if in fact it happens.

I neither like nor want it but hey.....what are ya gonna do?

It ain’t like you can just turn your passion for our crazy, boisterous, beloved old club on and off depending on it hiring managers or signing players you detest.

Some of you might think you can and people are saying they are through with Everton while he is here.....but you all know you are only kidding yourselves.

Imagine Sam gets a result at The Pit.....ya gunner sit on the moral high ground tut tutting and feigning indifference?

Thought not ;)

I was outraged when we signed Gordon Lee.....but to be fair to him some of the most exciting togger I have seen at The Park was played by Gordon’s team of the late 70s.

No white smoke yet so it might never happen.

But if it does, we just do what we always do.....We keep on keepin’ on :)

This is quite possibly the best post I have read on here in weeks.

Allardyce has always spoken very highly of our club. I remember him doing punditry for the 2009 FA Cup final (I was ill with heart problems so I couldn't get to Wembley) and he said something along the lines of: "This is where a club like Everton belongs, challenging for silverware. In terms of history there's only 3 clubs in this country that can match them."

For all his faults he gets us in a way that David "top ten is great for a club like Everton" Moyes and Koeman never did.

This is quite possibly the best post I have read on here in weeks.

Allardyce has always spoken very highly of our club. I remember him doing punditry for the 2009 FA Cup final (I was ill with heart problems so I couldn't get to Wembley) and he said something along the lines of: "This is where a club like Everton belongs, challenging for silverware. In terms of history there's only 3 clubs in this country that can match them."

For all his faults he gets us in a way that David "top ten is great for a club like Everton" Moyes and Koeman never did.
Agreed I suspect he’s of a generation that remembers exactly what our status in the game should be.

Having said that I also suspect he’s actually knocked us back here with his list of demands and unsy will be in charge for the foreseeable as we hurtle towards the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.