David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said tonight was a chance for some of the players to stake a claim for the team. And basically they can't complain if they aren't in the team off the back of it.

I mean, wow. How many players are going to get binned off by unsworth because they didn't perform tonight?

If poor performances equal being ostracised from the first team then we better get on the phone to Southampton and call the game off. Baines has been shocking every single week and he still finds his way onto the team sheet.

His comments are quite frankly not befitting of an everton, or any manager. No responsibility whatsoever.

It took place on your watch. You are culpable.

Embarassing hissy fit.

Agree mate, and you would think at a time when he needs everyone on his side putting in 100%, then he would be keeping what he had to say in the dressing room.

Last edited:

The problem he has is that dressing room is filled with egos. Footballers aren’t like they were 15-20 years ago. They are superstars now, even shocking players like Williams. A manager needs to command their respect either by reputation or through his actions. Unsworth (through no fault of his own) clearly has neither of these.
He needs to get away from the club as quick as possible because the board are allowing him to destroy any career he might have before it’s even begun.

I agree with the sentiment of Unsworth's post-match comments, but the fact is, it's stupidly easy to come out with lines like that - getting your tactics and game plan right however, is much more difficult.

All fine, but the temporary manager is not the biggest problem facing Everton today. It’s much bigger than Unsworth.

Of course it isn't, we can't fix everything now, we can get a competent manager or caretaker though - doing nothing or keeping such a novice in charge any longer, and I really mean any longer is not an option we can even afford to contemplate

Time to get Joe Royle in. He needs to be in charge going forward until we find a permanent manager.
Dont know why this wasn't done in the first place with Unsy as number 2 even. I thought Unsy would've done a lot better but still would make a lot more sense to put someone in charge who has actual premier league management experience.

If poor performances equal being ostracised from the first team then we better get on the phone to Southampton and call the game off. Baines has been shocking every single week and he still finds his way onto the team sheet.
Those comments amazingly are aimed at the likes of klassen, sandro vlasic and the like.

It just amazes me that they barely get a chance in the team and because of such a poor performance all round they will be dropped by him until the next Europa game and we do it all again.

That's not a manager talking. The same team minus these 'fringe' players got beat 3-0 against Lyon. I didn't see them getting dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.