2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manager spends a week on the training pitch in between games going through tactics with the defence and he can't get them to be organised or play well, what hope does Pickford have during a game?!
A lot of them been away tbf unsy wont have had a lot of time with this squad at all tbh

Pickford needs to calm down he gets excited too much dashes out when there is no need to & parries when he can catch.....needs to concentrate more on his angles, I have no doubt he will become a fantastic keeper but Unsworth needs to have a word...as I have said before...

We want a Spectacular keeper....
Not a keeper who makes saves look spectacular...

Very much this. He's got his work cut out with our defense this season but his lack of maturity shows at critical times. Hopefully that will come and his decision making will improve. The ingredients are there. He's good at coming for high crosses but he has rushed out a few times this season. He also really needs to work on getting the ball away from danger when he stops shots. It's not always possible but he was saved by goal line clearances for England last week and cost us today.

Chuck Robles in and let him watch / reflect on what not to do for a game or two. Maybe no, eh?

Did think he should of done better on the goal but can' really say he lost us 2 points as the defense was a joke, we had about 4 players over on the left of the pitch and they still picked a pass and the player turned with all those Everton shirts around him, very poor

Piss poor for both goals but he won't need anyone telling him that. I've noticed something he does which he done at Sunderland and I'm surprised a coach hasn' asked him to alter it slightly. When saving, he does a lot with closed fists and a lot of the time if you save like that you can't be 100% Where it's going to land. With open hands you have a bit more control over where you are palming the ball.

Not criticizing him as it's obviously worked well for him, just an observation and noticed it more on a couple of goals conceded ( Watford and Palace )

Yep!
Our two goals today one palmed out to the inrunning midfielder-
2nd rush of blood dived out to cross he was never going to make!
If Robles had done that last season this board would have been in mealtdown!
Joe,
The ball is drilled across the 6 yard box. He has to go for it. Even if he doesn't, Zaha still has a tap in.
Unless you're saying he would have saved a tap in within the 6 yard box?
First one was poor, agreed, but he's a kid.

He's made an awful lot of howlers this year as well don't forget, namely against Liverpool, Burnley, Spurs etc

You say "etc", when I think you actually meant "."

Because let's face it, you stopped because there were no others.

So what you have is in effect, the Liverpool game, (and I'm assuming you mean the Anfield Derby, because Joel was not to blame for the Goodison goal).

For me, he reacted awkwardly to the 1st. It looked strange. That's about it. If that was Pickford, people would be excusing him because our team, notably Gueye, just allowed Mane to waltz through the midfield and defence unchallenged. Noone was saving the second, and the 3rd was no worse than Lyons 1st goal in the away game, but again, it's worse because it's Joel. Reality is, we didn't lose that game because of Joel, but people blamed him anyway.

Burnley, he gave away a clumsy pen. No goalkeeper has ever done that... Thankfully, we won that game 3-1... and beat Watford 3-2.

And the spurs game. Joel passes to Schneiderlin who was asking for the ball, Schneiderlin loses possession and Joel gets blamed for the goal.

So really, yeah, that is the awful lot of howlers he made. He didn't dive, he gave away a pen, and he completed a pass to someone who lost it because he was, ironically, too afraid/wise to pass it backwards to Ashley Williams.

And let's ignore all the cleansheets, because that was down to the defence...

Ahem...

Status
Not open for further replies.