2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more the point he wouldn't be doing any worse whatsoever, and therefore another big money signing which could've been spent elsewhere.

Robles commands his box, claims crosses etc, everything you all want - but for some reason most blues just have an agenda against him based on a couple howlers early in his career for us.

Now, ultimately and for the record - I expect pickford to improve and do think we needed a long term goalkeeper which Pickford is - but doing so in the manner we did has left Robles out in the cold when in all honesty, he'd improved a lot and had a good season last season.

Pickford, so far, has underwhelmed. I'm losing count of the amount of parries and spills he's making, and can't say there has been any single impressive 90 minute performance from him.

Also, his kicking is actually wild af and he's not the holy grail of kicking like most think he is.

For example, against Palace today we were well under the cosh for abar 5 minutes straight during the second half, nothing falling for us etc. Then pickford claims, calls for the counter - good decision, but hits the ball so hard and low an opposition player just takes it straight away and we were then vulnerable to another attack.
Robles did well last season, but there is no doubt Pickford is the better keeper with the potential to be a great one. You have a valid point, would the money spent on Pickford have been put to better use, elsewhere in the squad? Possibly.
However I'd look at siguardsson and klassen for 70m and how that money could have been utilised elsewhere before Pickford.

Yep!
Our two goals today one palmed out to the inrunning midfielder-
2nd rush of blood dived out to cross he was never going to make!
If Robles had done that last season this board would have been in mealtdown!
He has made a number of mistakes but often he is trying to do too much & over compensate for the utter rubbish playing directly in front of him.

He clearly doesn't trust them would you?they constantly abdicate responsibility by passing the ball back to him a 23
Year old relatively inexperienced keeper instead of having the balls to try & pass it forward.

He doesn't shirk anything & shows more heart than the majority of the outhsouses in front of him who don't want to know as it's all a bit too hard for them.

He has made a number of mistakes but often he is trying to do too much & over compensate for the utter rubbish playing directly in front of him.

He clearly doesn't trust them would you?they constantly abdicate responsibility by passing the ball back to him a 23
Year old relatively inexperienced keeper instead of having the balls to try & pass it forward.

He doesn't shirk anything & shows more heart than the majority of the outhsouses in front of him who don't want to know as it's all a bit too hard for them.
Yes our defence is bad he should organise them they were too deep first half!

Pickford needs to calm down he gets excited too much dashes out when there is no need to & parries when he can catch.....needs to concentrate more on his angles, I have no doubt he will become a fantastic keeper but Unsworth needs to have a word...as I have said before...

We want a Spectacular keeper....
Not a keeper who makes saves look spectacular...

He's really very very bad indeed we just need to bring Robles in and get a run of Clean sheets going that will give us a boost.

You honestly think bringing him into the side will bring a 'run' of clean sheets ?

A fit and healthy prime Big Nev in the sticks playing with theses bunch of jokers wouldn't guarantee that.

Robles did well last season, but there is no doubt Pickford is the better keeper with the potential to be a great one. You have a valid point, would the money spent on Pickford have been put to better use, elsewhere in the squad? Possibly.
However I'd look at siguardsson and klassen for 70m and how that money could have been utilised elsewhere before Pickford.
None of those mentioned have escaped my ruthless criticism, trust me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.