2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you honestly think Robles would be doing any better right now?

Honestly.
It's more the point he wouldn't be doing any worse whatsoever, and therefore another big money signing which could've been spent elsewhere.

Robles commands his box, claims crosses etc, everything you all want - but for some reason most blues just have an agenda against him based on a couple howlers early in his career for us.

Now, ultimately and for the record - I expect pickford to improve and do think we needed a long term goalkeeper which Pickford is - but doing so in the manner we did has left Robles out in the cold when in all honesty, he'd improved a lot and had a good season last season.

Pickford, so far, has underwhelmed. I'm losing count of the amount of parries and spills he's making, and can't say there has been any single impressive 90 minute performance from him.

Also, his kicking is actually wild af and he's not the holy grail of kicking like most think he is.

For example, against Palace today we were well under the cosh for abar 5 minutes straight during the second half, nothing falling for us etc. Then pickford claims, calls for the counter - good decision, but hits the ball so hard and low an opposition player just takes it straight away and we were then vulnerable to another attack.

It's more the point he wouldn't be doing any worse whatsoever, and therefore another big money signing which could've been spent elsewhere.

Robles commands his box, claims crosses etc, everything you all want - but for some reason most blues just have an agenda against him based on a couple howlers early in his career for us.

Now, ultimately and for the record - I expect pickford to improve and do think we needed a long term goalkeeper which Pickford is - but doing so in the manner we did has left Robles out in the cold when in all honesty, he'd improved a lot and had a good season last season.

Pickford, so far, has underwhelmed. I'm losing count of the amount of parries and spills he's making, and can't say there has been any single impressive 90 minute performance from him.

Also, his kicking is actually wild af and he's not the holy grail of kicking like most think he is.

For example, against Palace today we were well under the cosh for abar 5 minutes straight during the second half, nothing falling for us etc. Then pickford claims, calls for the counter - good decision, but hits the ball so hard and low an opposition player just takes it straight away and we were then vulnerable to another attack.

He's made an awful lot of howlers this year as well don't forget, namely against Liverpool, Burnley, Spurs etc

He's just a kid though isn't he. We can't expect maturity in his game yet.
It'll be ups and downs but
A) he commands his box
B) he catches crosses inside his box
C) he makes boss saves.

He's just a kid though isn't he. We can't expect maturity in his game yet.
It'll be ups and downs but
A) he commands his box
B) he catches crosses inside his box
C) he makes boss saves.
Which is why I made a point of saying how I expect him to improve etc, because he clearly does have talent.

But atm, when we are struggling, nobody escapes criticism imo and today although the defence parted like the red sea for the first goal - pickfords choice to parry it across our box wasn't a good one imo

He's made an awful lot of howlers this year as well don't forget, namely against Liverpool, Burnley, Spurs etc
True say, but as is Pickford - hence saying we wouldn't necessarily be doing any worse or better without having splurged so much cash on him.

Vs liverpool Robles didn't make the big saves you'd like, but they were also chances where you expect your striker to score with that much space to play with. Pickford has been in the same scenario with united, chelsea, spurs, atlanta, lyon etc already this season

Status
Not open for further replies.