Match Thread Crystal Palace vs Everton, 18/11/2017. KO @ 3pm GMT.

Who will be less crap on the day?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will take it ATM what makes you think any new manager can polish a turd till January?
Any one we appoint is a gamble. But I don't think unsworth is the answer either.
We have picked up 4 points in last 2 games and that's good. But we have been very very lucky to do so. His tactics and team selections don't inspire me.
I hope we have a new manager in place by next weekend

Exactly mate. I'm mystified that anyone would expect three points down there at a rejuvenated Palace.

We made a decent fist of it under the circumstances (given the state we've been left in).

Ok, DU doesn't look like he can tactically impress, but he's trying to plait sawdust in many respects.

Well done to the feller.

Exactly we were dreadful at the back but its just what I expected anyway, I'm grateful for a point as I had actually thought we'd be returning on the back of another comfortable defeat, such are my expectations atm.

Tbf to Unsworth though he can't change our defenders into quality and has to construct formations that protect them so their all too obvious frailties aren't exposed so easily.

I do think that Silva has a knack of organising poorly performing players into some sort of an effective team but if he doesn't come quickly i'd wouldn't dismiss Dyche as an option we should go for.

Unsworth and Joe Royle for much longer isn't an alternative worth considering for me

Any one we appoint is a gamble. But I don't think unsworth is the answer either.
We have picked up 4 points in last 2 games and that's good. But we have been very very lucky to do so. His tactics and team selections don't inspire me.
I hope we have a new manager in place by next weekend
You take luck we weren't that lucky with the nailed on pen away at Leicester?

Exactly we were dreadful at the back but its just what I expected anyway, I'm grateful for a point as I had actually thought we'd be returning on the back of another comfortable defeat, such are my expectations atm.

Tbf to Unsworth though he can't change our defenders into quality and has to construct formations that protect them so their all too obvious frailties aren't exposed so easily.

I do think that Silva has a knack of organising poorly performing players into some sort of an effective team but if he doesn't come quickly i'd wouldn't dismiss Dyche as an option we should go for.

Unsworth and Joe Royle for much longer isn't an alternative worth considering for me
Agree with all that mate.

I feel like getting the defence sorted is a higher priority to getting a striker. Obviously we need a good target man, but it will all be down to who is available and how much.
Right now the defence is woeful. If the defence is a team's foundation, then ours is made of quicksand.

You take luck we weren't that lucky with the nailed on pen away at Leicester?
Perhaps.
We have conceded at least 2 goals in all 5 games he has been in charge of.
If that does not improve we are In trouble.
And before people mention the players Burnley are keeping clean sheets with Lowton, mee, tarkowski and ward..
Not sayin dyche should get it.
But keepin clean sheets is crucial

"Evening Toffees"
Definitely fought for a point so well in. Disappointed we dropped two points based on that performance. Kenny was your MoM I thought, great job on Zaha.
We'll be alright I think. August seems a long time ago. The difference between us is we'll be happy just to avoid the drop. That would not be seen as good enough for you,I get that. You need an experienced manager quickly with Unsy as no. 2.
Any rate, well in lids. Good luck for the rest of the season.

"Evening Toffees"
Definitely fought for a point so well in. Disappointed we dropped two points based on that performance. Kenny was your MoM I thought, great job on Zaha.
We'll be alright I think. August seems a long time ago. The difference between us is we'll be happy just to avoid the drop. That would not be seen as good enough for you,I get that. You need an experienced manager quickly with Unsy as no. 2.
Any rate, well in lids. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers Alan - Was quite impressed with your lads today - Plenty of pace and initiative, bet De Boer seems a long time ago

Status
Not open for further replies.