Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watford fan here in peace...

Be interesting to see how this plays out. The lack of anything concrete (no official statement saying ‘hands off’) from our side is worrying. I don’t trust anything Sky Sports has to say given their affiliation with Sky Bet - it’s in their interest to make up stories with counter stories a few hours later. Now that Moshiri has finally shown his hand, nothing less from an official rebuffal from our side will put him off I doubt. And with every passing approach with increasing compo will strengthen Silva’s outlook that he’s the man you want. I’d hoped it would come sooner but I do expect an official statement from us soon saying ‘hands off’ and that to be that. But I’ve also seen this type of thing enough to know that if that statement doesn’t happen, it’s only a matter of time...

Whilst not trying to antagonise, I must say the way Everton have conducted this whole saga of hiring someone, has seemed shambolic and rudderless and god knows how Unsworth must be feeling if he gets a temporary role by default. If you don’t get Silva, you should be asking serious questions about the whole process.

At board level that's been us for years mate.

Be interesting to see how this plays out. The lack of anything concrete (no official statement saying ‘hands off’) from our side is worrying. I don’t trust anything Sky Sports has to say given their affiliation with Sky Bet - it’s in their interest to make up stories with counter stories a few hours later. Now that Moshiri has finally shown his hand, nothing less from an official rebuffal from our side will put him off I doubt. And with every passing approach with increasing compo will strengthen Silva’s outlook that he’s the man you want. I’d hoped it would come sooner but I do expect an official statement from us soon saying ‘hands off’ and that to be that. But I’ve also seen this type of thing enough to know that if that statement doesn’t happen, it’s only a matter of time...

Whilst not trying to antagonise, I must say the way Everton have conducted this whole saga of hiring someone, has seemed shambolic and rudderless and god knows how Unsworth must be feeling if he gets a temporary role by default. If you don’t get Silva, you should be asking serious questions about the whole process.
I think you're looking at it pretty sensibly mate. I thought the same thing about the lack of a firm 'No', so it seems that Watford would not necessarily play serious hardball if push comes to shove.

I think whether or not the process has been shambolic hinges on whether Silva comes. It seems quite clear now that he is the preferred 'realistic' candidate, so if the board get him the process has clearly been a success. The lack of a contingency plan for Koeman leaving doesn't concern me hugely, simply because the whole thing fell apart so quickly that it's hardly surprising we didn't have all our ducks in a row. If we can't agree a package for Silva then I will wholeheartedly agree that we've made a pig's ear of it.

I don't think Unsworth can have any complaints no matter what happens to be honest. He's got no managerial experience, and must have been aware from the outset that he was a long way from being first choice for the role. If he gets the job until the end of the year he should be extremely grateful, not resentful.

Definitely not, are you forgetting the time he took Estoril (A club the size of Burton Albion) into Europe and won Sporting their first trophy since 2008, only sacked in incredibly ludicrous circumstances?

Plus Mirallas was brilliant in his first season with us.
No, because I wasn't aware of it at the time like everyone else in here because he wasn't on anyone's radar.

I'm not convinced here

Honest question, are you really that arsed if he goes after 11 games?

...yes, i’ve dropped into the Watford forum over the last few days and as @ijjysmith alludes, there is certainly mixed feelings among the Watford faithful about Silva.

As for Unsworth, others share the view that he’s being treated shabbily, but he’s a caretaker manager and as such the club need to be looking elsewhere. I’m not sure Everton are handling the appointment poorly because nobody truly knows what is happening. I suppose much will depend on what the outcome is.

Anyway, Watford were the better team at Goodison last week despite the final result. The Brazilian youngster on the left wing impressed, Watford carried much more threat than us.

As you're a Watford fan, I'm assuming the 84 in your user name is your date of birth, and not in reference to the FA Cup final of that year....

Shambolic?

Rudderless??

Everton???

Shurely shome mishtake...

Status
Not open for further replies.