Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worries me a lot. Poor with Hull, only claim to fame is the Greek league and Mirallas looked like Ronaldo there and his win percentage with Watford is p-poor.

it's too early to judge him in England he hasnt even been here a year think we should wait until the end of the season and see what he does. I don't feel it is too far fetched to suggest that Unsworth could get us above Watford if given the job

eh? they improved massively after he joined

People just see relegation and instantly think he didnt do well. They were down before he even got the job, its utter madness that he actually got them close to staying up.
Nope I see win percentage and goal difference. Both looked very martinez-esque.

Worries me a lot. Poor with Hull, only claim to fame is the Greek league and Mirallas looked like Ronaldo there and his win percentage with Watford is p-poor.

that's not his only claim to fame,

got his first team promoted as champions in his first season with them ( despite taking over mid season ) went on to finish 5th/4th with them ( their best ever campaign )

took over @ sporting, won the cup in his only season and finished 3rd

then went to Greece and done well as you say

then went to a terrible hull side in freefall and wasn't far away from saving them

im not bumming silva like but he is a far more attractive option than some of the other dross we have been linked with

Definitely not, are you forgetting the time he took Estoril (A club the size of Burton Albion) into Europe and won Sporting their first trophy since 2008, only sacked in incredibly ludicrous circumstances?

Plus Mirallas was brilliant in his first season with us.

Last edited:

that's not his only claim to fame,

got his first team promoted as champions in his first season with them ( despite taking over mid season ) went on to finish 5th/4th with them ( their best ever campaign )

took over @ sporting, won the cup in his only season and finished 3rd

then went to Greece and done well as you say

then went to a terrible hull side in freefall and wasn't far away from saving them

im not bumming silva like but he is a far more attractive option than some of the other dross we have been linked with
Finishing 3rd in a 3 horse race doesn't sound great.

...we paid more than that for Denis Adeniran for the U23s, not to mention a similar amount for Lewis Gibson from Newcastle. When you think of how critical a manager is, the amounts mentioned are small beer in comparison to untried footballers.
IF....this happens i would think this would be for an undisclosed amount ....much more than 8.5 million.

...despite reports that the deal is dead, Ladbrokes and Coral have cut his odds to 6/5 (from 6/4). 6/4 only available now with Paddy Power. Seems like nobody know the reality, especially with odds shortening despite negative reports.

I’ve looked at the bookies list and i’m going for Domenico Tedesco. Don’t know who he is but it’s a fine name - 80-1.

Last edited:
Finishing 3rd in a 3 horse race doesn't sound great.

Maybe not, but the years before his season it was always a 2 horse race between benfica/port

the season before he took over sporting finished second but obtained 9 less points than his first season, the season before that they finished 7th, then 4th etc etc,

...despite reports that the deal is dead, Ladbrokes and Coral have cut his odds to 6/5 (from 6/4). 6/4 only available now with Paddy Power. Seems like nobody know the reality, especially with odds shortening despite negative reports.

I’ve looked at the bookies list and i’m going for Domenico Tedesco. Don’t know who he is but it’s a fine name - 80-1.

Schalke manager. Been there for 13 games, 32, never played the game.

File under unlikely.

Unsworth now joint fav.

Who'd have thunk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.