Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
...despite reports that the deal is dead, Ladbrokes and Coral have cut his odds to 6/5 (from 6/4). 6/4 only available now with Paddy Power. Seems like nobody know the reality, especially with odds shortening despite negative reports.

I’ve looked at the bookies list and i’m going for Domenico Tedesco. Don’t know who he is but it’s a fine name - 80-1.

Indeed it is. He's the latest German bright young thing! Giving Julian Nagelsmann a run for his money this season in that race.

Actually, one German manager who's name I never see mentioned is Markus Weinzierl. Although I also have also never seen it mentioned that he's wanting to coach outside of Germany.

Watford fan here in peace...

Be interesting to see how this plays out. The lack of anything concrete (no official statement saying ‘hands off’) from our side is worrying. I don’t trust anything Sky Sports has to say given their affiliation with Sky Bet - it’s in their interest to make up stories with counter stories a few hours later. Now that Moshiri has finally shown his hand, nothing less from an official rebuffal from our side will put him off I doubt. And with every passing approach with increasing compo will strengthen Silva’s outlook that he’s the man you want. I’d hoped it would come sooner but I do expect an official statement from us soon saying ‘hands off’ and that to be that. But I’ve also seen this type of thing enough to know that if that statement doesn’t happen, it’s only a matter of time...

Whilst not trying to antagonise, I must say the way Everton have conducted this whole saga of hiring someone, has seemed shambolic and rudderless and god knows how Unsworth must be feeling if he gets a temporary role by default. If you don’t get Silva, you should be asking serious questions about the whole process.

There are other top managers outside of the ones you quoted who would give anything to be given the chance of managing us in the PL. Managers with experience, managers who are already winners, managers with excellent coaching skills yet our board seem to have ignored them and are not looking down these channels, instead they seem to follow media and hype and we end up with someone like Silva. Not that I think he's a bad coach/manager just that I think we could and should be doing better.
Not doubting you as knowledge isn't as good as many so who are the managers you know are ready to come to a club near relegation that hasn't won anything for 22 years?

Be interesting to see how this plays out. The lack of anything concrete (no official statement saying ‘hands off’) from our side is worrying. I don’t trust anything Sky Sports has to say given their affiliation with Sky Bet - it’s in their interest to make up stories with counter stories a few hours later. Now that Moshiri has finally shown his hand, nothing less from an official rebuffal from our side will put him off I doubt. And with every passing approach with increasing compo will strengthen Silva’s outlook that he’s the man you want. I’d hoped it would come sooner but I do expect an official statement from us soon saying ‘hands off’ and that to be that. But I’ve also seen this type of thing enough to know that if that statement doesn’t happen, it’s only a matter of time...

Whilst not trying to antagonise, I must say the way Everton have conducted this whole saga of hiring someone, has seemed shambolic and rudderless and god knows how Unsworth must be feeling if he gets a temporary role by default. If you don’t get Silva, you should be asking serious questions about the whole process.

Honest question, are you really that arsed if he goes after 11 games?

I think he will be the next manager. It will come down to compensation. It's been leaked now by either us, Watford or his agent. It will take a few days but I feel we will pay the money if it's who moshiri wants.
And as eggs said when you compare it to what some players have signed for it is not too much.

Not doubting you as knowledge isn't as good as many so who are the managers you know are ready to come to a club near relegation that hasn't won anything for 22 years?

I already posted the names earlier in the thread

I think if WE had cast the recruitment net a little wider we would have found better. To name but a few:-

1. Marcelo Gallardo - won everything in Argentina and South America with River. Great style of play, forward/revolutionary tactician and all the top Italaian and spanish clubs are sniffing around him...he is ready to move to Europe.

2. Paulo Fonseca - Great experience in Portugal and then with Shaktar winning trophies and accolades for coaching ability in both countries. He's fed up with life in Ukraine (who wouldn't be) and is looking for a move

3. Lucien Favre - won trophies in Switzerland and was voted manager of the year in Germany for 5 years running when he managed Herta and BMG.
Great tactician and coach

I also quite like the guy at Wolves Espirito Santo - I like the way he has got them playing and I think they will be an interesting team to watch next year when they get promoted to the PL.

Appreciate the input but the comment about the way we conduct our business regarding managers being shambolic comes across as a bit rich from a Watford fan don't you think?

11 games seems about the norm at your club

You got a Z Cars ringtone mate ?

Lucien Favre is a very good coach, he coaches some fantastic football. He is who Dortmund wanted last summer, but Nice wouldn't let him go. He's really struggling at Nice this season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.