Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Everton isn't too big for him...ok

He’s managed Sporting Lisbon, as much as I’d like to think we are considerably bigger, we are very similar clubs in stature.

He does seem to be able to organise a team so they all no what there role in the team is.
If I was a gambling on who will be our next manager I would bet on Silva being our manager by 5pm tomorrow.
So maybe we will soon know if he is the real deal

I hope you’re right pal, I’d love him here.

Out of the absolute dross we'e been linked with manager wise ( apart from Simeone which I just don't believe) I'd snap Silva up in a heartbeat. We are currently in the bracket of Allardyce, Dyche, Unsworth or Silva, it's a no brainer.

We may as well give up on expecting our board to go for an elite manager such as a Simeone, Tuchel or Ancelotti as 2 of those 3 are out of work so if we had any grand design of either of them our move would have been made.

So as things stand I'd take Silva if he was willing to leave Watford before the halfway point of a aeason.

Why would he leave Watford and come to Everton ?

The opportunity to manage a club that is already far bigger than Watford could ever be and a club with the potential to be much bigger still.

Everton spent about 150m in the last window and tried to spend more than that. That is a level of spending that is so far out of the reach of most clubs(including ourselves before the arrival of Moshiri).
I expect our new manager will also be promised transfer funds and if a manager is truly ambitious this may be the opportunity to join the ranks of very select group of elite managers....if he is good enough.

There are already some very good players at the club, there is a very good academy and hopefully a budget to sign the players needed to balance the squad.

I think it is a hard job to refuse.

He relegated Hull and got 15 points after 11 games. Proved nothing.

Never employ manager who relegated his PL club.

So nearly 50% of the available points?

Christ, if this Everton side got 57 points this season I think I'd pass out in shock

If Usmanov wants Moshiri to want Silva, he'll get him.

That wouldn't be a bad thing,Dave.When push comes to shove the average supporter is more concerned about the team winning than the behind the scenes game playing of the money men. The interest in the business side of football is something that has come about because of the internet...when the place for talking about football was in the pubs, no one gave a toss about chairmen, directors and shareholders, the talk was about how good the the team was.
All of a sudden everyone is an accountant,lawyer, or a do gooder superhero from the Justice League Of America.
Maybe we should go back to the days when 40,000 went to the game to watch the football,instead of moralising about things most of them know very little about.
In many ways we are slaves to the media.

I am a big fan of Silva, if i am honest, he is a very good manager tactically i have mentioned him since Hull. He has been successful relatively everywhere he has been he is on his way to being a top European manager in my opinion.

Hes my top choice for the job, i dont think we could get him though.

I also like how he fits into our current management model.

Status
Not open for further replies.