2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
His positivity is great. If Southgate is serious about playing from the back then he should be number 1. Joe Hart is rubbish and Butland is a crock.

This lad is undoubtedly a talented goalkeeper. It’s unfortunate for him that he’s come from Sunderland to us in the state we’re currently in, but some of our results would be even worse without him. It’s been said before but the more you notice the goalkeeper, the worse your team generally is overall.

The question mark (if there really can be one) is whether he could play in a top team, maintain his concentration and at vital moments dig his team out. I have to say that out of Germany’s shots on target tonight, he pulled out two very very good saves and always looked on the ball. I remember when Heaton from Burnley was given a start for England (against France I think)- he’d been a great shot stopper for Burnley, but at international level he was found totally wanting. Pickford tonight was the total opposite. Good on the lad.

Hopefully in the future when we’re not utter turd we’ll be seeing a lot less of him and when we do he’ll be doing the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.