Are we in a relegation battle right now?

Are we relegationally challenged?

• No, too early in season, over 38 games there will be at least 3 crapper teams

Votes: 62 39.5%
  • Yes, we are doomed if we don't get in a Corrupt Sam, Past-It Moyes type right now!!

Votes: 72 45.9%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 23 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were to continue as we are now, with Unsworth in charge, I would expect us to get relegated [currently at 10-1, if anyone is morbid enough to stick something on]. Obv we're not going to do that, so it's hard to predict what the new man might bring - assuming any sort of sensible appointment then I'd expect a slow drift up the table.

I don't watch other terrible teams, but I'd be surprised if anyone else had a defence as bad as ours. We are woeful at the back and no mistake - this is what gives the relegation shouts an unfortunate credibility. It's hardly alarmist to be fearing relegation when we're shipping goals like they're going out of style.

We simply don't know if we are in a relegation battle because those that think we will be ok believe that our board will buy a striker.

If they don't we are definitely in a relegation battle. If they do buy a striker then we have enough quality to pull out of it quite comfortably after Christmas.

This is far more important than a new manager. If it's true Koeman kept rejecting strikers other than Giroud then he should have been fired then or forced to accept one. Sounds like no one had any balls to stand up to the man.

We simply don't know if we are in a relegation battle because those that think we will be ok believe that our board will buy a striker.

If they don't we are definitely in a relegation battle. If they do buy a striker then we have enough quality to pull out of it quite comfortably after Christmas.

Yeah, I think @Mikey_Fitzgerald mentioned that too. Obviously if I was certain the board were gonna sell Barkley and still not bother sorting out the striker option in January I would be way more concerned. I still reckon we will pickup enough points by Xmas to settle people's nerves, but I'd be closer to a yes on this poll if I didn't believe we will actually reinforce the attack and defence come Jan window.

I'd like to think the manager had a lot to do with..so if they appoint a better one the form and performances should change. I can't believe they sacked him without a solid plan.

The manager can only work with the existing squad - and nobody can produce a good team from this squad. In that respect, an immediate change of manager will not produce any improvement.

By January - the mid-point of the season - we will be in a worse position. That's when we will have to sign a centre-forward and a right back. I can't imagine who will be attracted to join us.

So I'd say that the rest of the season will be a battle against relegation. Koeman must have known that he - like the team - was doomed when Giroud walked out of the building.

Bloody Koeman

What a horrendous decision appointing him......still frustrates me.

The big one for me was Ruzomberok away. We were playing a team that were literally a small step above part timers, and we tried to Mourinho it and "see the tie out" at 1-0! People were just made up we were through and put the dreadful, cowardly, negative performance down to fitness, but that set the tone for the cack show we've seen so far all season.

But if you're still bottom 4 months down the line from then and haven't moved then yes, you've been in a relegation battle all season.

Possibly, if you are rock bottom and a team expected to go down. But if you are a team most people would expect to be higher up and are 3rd from bottom but only 5pts off top 10 then I personally think it's much too early.

The manager can only work with the existing squad - and nobody can produce a good team from this squad. In that respect, an immediate change of manager will not produce any improvement.

By January - the mid-point of the season - we will be in a worse position. That's when we will have to sign a centre-forward and a right back. I can't imagine who will be attracted to join us.

So I'd say that the rest of the season will be a battle against relegation. Koeman must have known that he - like us - was doomed when Giroud walked out of the building.

We would have to disagree on the idea nobody can organise an okay team from the squad, enough to get points from the fixtures ive listed above

Bloody Koeman

What a horrendous decision appointing him......still frustrates me.

I never bought into him.
I have been saying on match day threads for over a year I considered him to be a secret RS becuase ofwhat he was doing to us.
No proof.
Just the performances, then results.
Then wasting the biggest transfer kitty we ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.