Homepage Update: Ronald Koeman Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only just back from the game - we are shocking - make no mistake about that. Loads of finger pointing on & off the pitch at the moment. I'll be honest I'm not sure we have the guts to get out of it. Do I blame Koeman for what we've become? Absolutely, but he's not alone.

There's a huge division in that squad - new players on huge wages who reckon they are better than they actually are, older players looking around them at what has happened, young players wondering what they have to do to get into such a disjointed and poorly performing side. Weak at the back, vulnerable to pace and balls behind them, toothless up top, can't hold it or cause problems, so we try to play through a midfield that is uncomfortable on the ball, doesn't win 50/50s and stands off. I tell you what, that combination is relegation standard. See Villa, Sunderland, Cardiff, Newcastle for what we have become.

Koeman was arrogant & inflexible - in his head, I think he was trying to mirror Spurs' by packing a squad with AMs, in the belief goals would be spread across the front line, but none of his signings were as good as Eriksen, Alli, Son etc. So here we are. The slowest centre back pairing in the league, no width and no goal threat. We have a huge squad of players but one thing is for certain there is no team. We conceded first nearly every game & rarely score. Unless we realise how bad we are and front it up we are in one hell of a scrap. Koeman carries the can but so do the supporting cast of Walsh and Kenwright. Time to stop dreaming & start becoming a side that is hard to beat. Can we? Not sure.

100%

We've wasted a lot of money and we have to accept it.

Now we realise this, we need to get someone in like Big Sam to shore the ship up.

Palace have a better squad that we do IMO and have started to click. They'll start climbing soon enough unless we sort out self out

Everybody thinks the problems been solved, it was all Ronny.

Some rude awakenings coming.

images

Thing is, we had a useful platform to work off when he got us to 7th last season.

I would now describe the summer months to this moment (June to almost November) as probably the most costly 5 month period in the club's modern history. Even when we do get out of this hole (IF we get out of it) we will be left sifting through the debris of the massive waste of resources for years to come.

It's been like our Brexit vote...everyone jumping up and down delighted when the players came in, but now the realisation that we're up a smelly brown creek without a paddle.
The money spent in the summer might not have been such a waste if koeman had got the No9 he had asked for. And is it not feasable that koemans defensive minded formation was damage limitation until he could get the striker he asked for. Until we get a target man results are not going to change.KOEMAN in my opinion has been made a scapegoat for the massive failings of others in the club

The money spent in the summer might not have been such a waste if koeman had got the No9 he had asked for. And is it not feasable that koemans defensive minded formation was damage limitation until he could get the striker he asked for. Until we get a target man results are not going to change.KOEMAN in my opinion has been made a scapegoat for the massive failings of others in the club

He's the manager that spent £200M on a team and made it worse.

^^^ His legacy.

Koeman was a massive disappointment to me. I never rated him as a top manager but I thought he was a good one. But after watching him waste so much money in the market I thought that a lot of things could go wrong.

When you sell a striker who scored a load of goals I'd say that we should go for a striker replacement. Instead, we splashed the money signing a goalie, a center back e a couple of midfielders, for over a 100M£.

That's genius like.

Status
Not open for further replies.