2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn’t had a single good game since he got here. Burnley must have pissed themselves all the way to the bank. Why on earth did we pay £30m for such an average player in the last year of his contract?

Too slow, doesn’t command the defence at all and can’t pass. Not good enough.

Personally I don't think Maguire is anywhere near the player but whatever has happened to Keane this season confidence wise has shook him up , he looked confident and assured and it's clear that's gone . We have to just hope the lad can weather the storm , for me it's about character not ability .

Like this, remember when Jags had a seriously bad spell about 8 or 9 years ago IIRC ? headed back to the keeper only for a striker to nip in and score, he made a mistake every week but worked on his game, settled and improved, his distribution is still worse than mine though I reckon.

Players need to settle, I don't think RK will see out the year, hopefully someone old school can come in and steady the ship, are we even at that stage yet ? Keane will be a decent player he's just not settled.

Hasn’t had a single good game since he got here. Burnley must have pissed themselves all the way to the bank. Why on earth did we pay £30m for such an average player in the last year of his contract?

Both he and Pickford were bought with the future in mind. The feeling being they would be that in Keanes case, he would be mentored in to become the player people think he will become.
I don't think anybody really expected the poo storm we are facing. It's going to be character building at the very least.

Think hes one of the many suffering from lack of confidence. To be fair it must be difficult getting no protection from either side or infront of you and knowing you cant trust passing to any of them as they will just pass it back to you.

Bought the wrong defender(s) after seeing Tarkowski (& Mee) the other day ...... Everton that :)

Welcome to Everton.

BTW I think Keane and Pickford will be great signing.
I totally agree.

A bit of time, a bit of patience and finding his way into a well organised defensive unit will be key for Keane. He has just came out of a well drilled side in Burnley where I would guess the defence was extremely well organised and trained by Dyche and his coaching team. To get even good defenders playing well together takes time - and we aren't just blending one into a back 4, we have a right back and centre back to fit into a team with a fading left back and one of two suspect centre backs in Jags/ Williams.

Add into that a new keeper, and is it a wonder we are defensively poor? Keane and Pickford are the bright future. I can see them being key for us over a number of years. My concern is that over the next year they will have to look after new defensive players bought into replace Baines and Jags/ Williams and that it'll be a thankless task for them for a long time before we see the best of them.

I'll stop, I'm almost becoming sympathetic to Koeman's plight, self made, but probably necessarily so.

Status
Not open for further replies.