Sack Koeman?

• Yes

• No

• head in sand on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly
Why do we have to bother about people laughing at us? I'm more concern about pilling misery on the teams we play against and rediscovering the joy of watching us play again.

I'd argue spending that much in the summer and then being perfectly ok with a manager producing these performances on the back of the spending would show us as a small mentality club even moreso, and indeed would make us more a laughing stock

I'd argue spending that much in the summer and then being perfectly ok with a manager producing these performances on the back of the spending would show us as a small mentality club even moreso, and indeed would make us more a laughing stock

I can't understand the logic of being a laughing stock if we sack koeman.
I would love to see the [Poor language removed] hire Martinez on a 10 year contract, spend 300m and end up playing worst than ever. Flirting with relegation every season. I hope they would never sack him no mater how many times they get relegated.

The clubs vision and mindset comes from the top. Remember when Blerto was stinking out the gaff and our chairman came on TV and exclaimed "What a manager"?. This is the mindset of the club. All very nicey-nicey, no determination to win and that filters down through the whole club. No-ones position is ever under threat because no-one is demanding a level of performance. When that happens you get the turgid bobbins we've had to live with for the last few years. Koemoyes aint helping himself mind with his team selections but he's under no pressure.

I think it's time to realise he's lost the dressing room. The players don't seem to know what he wants them to do. It's bad man management and I think he ought to go and Ancelotti should replace him.

I voted no, but if he has lost the dressing room then I'd change it to a yes. I'm 50/50 in this really. To have lost the dressing room this soon in a season when literally most of the dressing room are players you've recruited would be pretty mental. Do Baines and Jags have that much sway?

If Ancelotti wanted to come to Everton then yes, if not, then no. Same way if Koeman got offered a better job than us he'd go. Works both ways. Ancelotti is better than him, so we upgrade. I'm not really up for us getting into the habit of sacking managers though, but on the flip side, how long do you leave it before you make a decision? I get those saying "wait until Christmas" but if we do that, and he's still bad by then, we've wasted another bloody season.

Proper pain in the arse being an Evertonian, isn't it?

If Ancelotti wanted to come to Everton then yes, if not, then no. Same way if Koeman got offered a better job than us he'd go. Works both ways. Ancelotti is better than him, so we upgrade. I'm not really up for us getting into the habit of sacking managers though, but on the flip side, how long do you leave it before you make a decision? I get those saying "wait until Christmas" but if we do that, and he's still bad by then, we've wasted another bloody season.

Probably not relevant, but I had a girlfriend once whose Dad traded in her dog for a bigger one. Nobody was happy. LOL

In reality you either change this upcoming break - like the rs did with Rodgers/Klopp, gives the chance to salvage the season at the very least - if you wait then still have to make the change say at Christmas then in likelihood Europe gone, so is the league cup and the league position would be a salvage job rather than any chance of doing anything. International break finished on 15th with the Brighton away game, followed Lyon (h) Arsenal (h) Chelsea (a - cup) Leicester (a) Lyon (a) over those next 11 days, the way we look atm, we don't change i fully expect 5 absolute bummings and season effectively over by the 2nd of November.

That would dare i say - also greatly affect the calibre of manager you'd be able to attract - still everything to play for compared to managing a team going through the motions till the summer...

I want us to get into the habit of sacking managers who under-perform or who are unable to push us on mate.

He gets the season IMHO
Muddle through until January, get a striker and see where we finish.

1-5th well done, Mr Koeman.

5-10th means he’s sorted out the early season teething troubles and he gets another season to hopefully kick on

10th or below given the Summer spend is not acceptable, and he should be booted.

He needs to sort out his formation and tactics pronto, and stop playing Rooney, Williams, Schneids, Sandro and (although it pains me to say it) Klaassen (he ain’t ready).

Remember that it took until December last year to stop him and the team doing everyone’s head in, and, from what we’ve seen so far, with all the changes and frankly crap management, it might take a tad longer to get ourselves sorted out this year. Not sure we have the collective patience for that after the Summer’s raised expectations, the bad Geordies we have turned into now.

Pace on the wings, 1xDM, 1x Nr 10 and DCL up top, and we’ll pick up more points than we drop and will get the crowd behind the team.

3 at the back, Cucu, Williams, 2 DMs at home, no wingers, trying to play Sandro and Klaassen into form, etc means we’ll be stuck in the same rut at Christmas, out the Europa League and with masses of toffees calling for his head.

Sort it out, kaaskop

He gets the season IMHO
Muddle through until January, get a striker and see where we finish.

1-5th well done, Mr Koeman.

5-10th means he’s sorted out the early season teething troubles and he gets another season to hopefully kick on

10th or below given the Summer spend is not acceptable, and he should be booted.

He needs to sort out his formation and tactics pronto, and stop playing Rooney, Williams, Schneids, Sandro and (although it pains me to say it) Klaassen (he ain’t ready).

Remember that it took until December last year to stop him and the team doing everyone’s head in, and, from what we’ve seen so far, with all the changes and frankly crap management, it might take a tad longer to get ourselves sorted out this year. Not sure we have the collective patience for that after the Summer’s raised expectations, the bad Geordies we have turned into now.

Pace on the wings, 1xDM, 1x Nr 10 and DCL up top, and we’ll pick up more points than we drop and will get the crowd behind the team.

3 at the back, Cucu, Williams, 2 DMs at home, no wingers, trying to play Sandro and Klaassen into form, etc means we’ll be stuck in the same rut at Christmas, out the Europa League and with masses of toffees calling for his head.

Sort it out, kaaskop
If we're headed anywhere below 8th place we will know sooner rather than later and he must go. 6th-10th is far too broad of a range. If this read 6th-8th, I would agree.

9th or below and he can get lost if you ask me. I'm okay with waiting until we see the reverse fixture results but not much long after that, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.