Edinson Cavani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell the BBC that then, every single other media outlet who covers sport, and even such publications as the Financial times then mate, as they all reported that as being exactly what happened, as have both the player, Barcelona and PSG
Same people reporting that psg have to get 6 players out whatever the case

Same people reporting that psg have to get 6 players out whatever the case

BBC?
Financial Times?
Every single sports media outlet with any credibility?
Barca, Neymar, PSG?

They all reporting that mate?

Don't you think the 6 players out thing to meet FFP is a bit bizarre a statement in the first place? WHich 6? they sell Cavanni and Verratti - that would be about 180m for starters, or they could sell 6 fringe squad players for 50m? is it just the number they need to sell for some weird reason then or is it a set amount of money they need to raise?

What the 6 player angle reported does give though is for all the red top rags to run a constant string of linking x,y,z players from PSG to various clubs under the caveat of them 'needing' to sell 6 players ofc.

What is far far more likely is that they will need to over the next 18 months ensure that they comply with FFP once they have to actually pay 180m for Mpbappe - but it's hardly an urgent thing that they need to sell as they have 18 months and three more transfer windows before they need to balance the books when they finally have to pay that money

"Edinson, wanna play for Everton? Oh know, the blue ones who aren't Chelsea? You sure, yeah no worries mate, best of luck at Real. Giz a shout if you change your mind."

*Walsh hangs up phone

Neymar was bought out of his contract not by PSG but by the Qatar word cup team to act as an ambassador and then allowed to sign to PSG on a free effectively, circumnavigating FFP, on the books PSG paid nothing - he was a free transfer in ssence.

If I'm honest, I don't take much notice of what the details of what happens with foreign transfer dealing, so this was news to me. I think this changes the situation a bit, so, lets run with it.

Usmanov, in the form of USM holdings, pays Cavani tens of millions of Euros to, I don't know, say nice things on telly about his mines and telecoms stuff. Cavani buys himself out of his contract and signs for Everton on a free.

Fair play to Mosh if this was / is the plan, it's sneaky, underhand and not really fair, but if it's good enough for the Frogs, then it's good enough for us. In many ways, welcome to Everton Cavani.

Status
Not open for further replies.